How to reset Hyperdeck Studio timer (timecode)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Alexander Kinov

How to reset Hyperdeck Studio timer (timecode)

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi
Sorry if this is dumb question or it has been answered already. I couldn't find solution so far in the forum or the manual or the menu of the device.

When I start recording with the HyperDeck, the timer on the little display shows something completely different every time, but never 00:00:00:00. After every recording is done, I copy the files from the SSD disk and then format the SSD using Hyperdeck own menu. I want to reset the timecode on the screen (to 00:00:00:00) before every new recording, because I need to know how much time has passed since the recording started.

How can I do this? Thanks!

Xtreemtec

Re: How to reset Hyperdeck Studio timer (timecode)

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Read Hyperdeck manual Version 5.2 page 21 at the end of the page ;)

I guess you have the Timecode on source.. So your source sends timecode to the recorder.
If i remember correctly chaniging it to something like source = Internal And with formatted drives it should start at 00;00;00
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Alexander Kinov

Re: How to reset Hyperdeck Studio timer (timecode)

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Thanks! I will check that. Btw, I tried to press the display button while recording in order to enter the menu. I didn't enter the menu, instread the timecode changed to exact time of the recording I started, Which works fine for me. I guess I skipped that part in the manual :)

Return to Live Production