HyperDeck Studio Mini - Dropping frames

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

John Barker

HyperDeck Studio Mini - Dropping frames

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Hey,

Having issues with the HyperDeck Studio Mini where it's dropping frames on my recordings.

I'm using the 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro cards (95mb) - and I know the official supported card list only includes the 32/64 versions of this card.

Would be keen to know if anyone else is having success with these cards?

I've tried several different 128GB cards, latest and previous firmware as well as all ProRes versions and after a while frames are still dropped :cry:

I'll go get the 64GB cards if that fixes the issue, but I have a load of the 128s which work great with the video assist, so is it just the HyperDeck Mini that doesn't like them?

many thanks!
John Barker
heretorecord.com

Nathan_Lerner

Re: HyperDeck Studio Mini - Dropping frames

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Yes, I have had similar issues. My Hyperdeck Mini recorded an hour or two of footage, from my ATEM program feed, with just a solid red screen but with fine audio. Double checked everything after the fact and reviewed footage from other cameras/recordings and everything else was behaving as normal. I was recording in ProRes Proxy to a SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB card. All my other recordings the rest of the event were fine and those were on the same cards but in 64GB. Have never had problems with that card before and it appears to be still working though. Have not retested it with the Hyperdeck though.
Nathan Lerner
President - Lerner Productions, LLC
Nathan@LernerProductions.com
www.LernerProductions.com

Return to Live Production