Atem tv studio hd's sdi program out put doesn't work .

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rajan rai

Atem tv studio hd's sdi program out put doesn't work .

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Hello everybody .
I am facing a problem on my new set of Atem tv studio hd . Its sdi program out doesn't shows on OBS . I am using it with BMD Ultrastudio mini recorder on my Macbook air via thunderbolt cable . HDMI output of Atem is ok i checked it sending the multiscreen output to the OBS . I did some other experiment also . I checked the SDI program out directly on one of my SDI monitor and it works . So now i am using the Atem connecting with 7 inch must HD monitor with SDI to SDI , SDI to HDMI converter to send the output to HDMI input of Ultra studio mini recorder and to Mac via thunderbolt . But this very inconvenient to work like this . Should i replace the recorder ? I am afraid if the recorder again doesn't work than it will be worthless and time consuming too . Because i am from the Nepal and far from the BMD support centre . Any suggestion ?

Andrew Martin

Re: Atem tv studio hd's sdi program out put doesn't work .

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 10:52 am

Does the ultrastudio mini operate at the resolution and frame rate you have ur Atem set. from memory, thinking the usm tops out at 1080 60i ( maybe 1080p 30) If you're running 1080p 50/60 on ur Atem it'll not see an image. ??

A.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Multiscreen output is 1080i so yes you will see this by the Ultrastudio mini. But i have the feeling you have the Atem set up for 1080P50/60..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

rajan rai

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 pm

i am using 3 cameras as a trial . Old Sony HVR z 7, Sony a 7s and Sony a 6000 these all camera shows its output only at 1080i50 or 50p . What is the wrong ?

rajan rai

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 5:00 am

Thanks for the response . It gaves me a great support and i sort out my problem . Thanks everyone .

AtonsJ

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi rajan rai, could you solve the problem? The same thing happens to me but I can not configure it yet, could you put an image of how you have configured your atem the mini reorder and obs please? thank you very much

Andrew Martin

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Change ur Atem's output to 1080i or 720p those are the highest res. capabilities of the ultrastudio mini recorder.

Return to Live Production