ATEM Software Control and High Resolution Display

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

raythompsontn

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 4:14 pm

The latest version of the ATEM Software Control (Version 7.2) does not properly support high resolution displays. Using my Surface Pro laptop the the software control panel is about 35% of the screen. Making the window full size will cause the buttons to remain the same size but will cause the control groupings to be so far separated as to be really inconvenient.

I would like the software to fill the screen and properly scale the size of the controls and the buttons to be properly sized rather than be what in my opinion is way too small.

High resolution displays are becoming quite common. Any plans to properly support high resolution displays?

Linden deCarmo

Re: ATEM Software Control and High Resolution Display

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 3:25 am

Currently running on 8.0.1 on Windows 10 and it supports high resolution displays. Normally, I don't run it full screen. Tonight, after I rebooted it only opens full screen and can't be sized to less than the entire screen display.

Any ideas of how to work around this problem?

raythompsontn

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 6:33 pm

I just downloaded and installed 8.01 ATEM Software on a PC. Running the software the buttons and display is now larger. However, the entire row of the primary switcher input buttons do not display. The buttons are cut off just past the fifth button and there is no way to access the rest of the input buttons.

I am using a Microsoft Surface Laptop.

When will this be fixed on a high resolution display? Do any of the software developers at BMD own a high resolution display to actually check the software for proper function?

WRXRacer2t

Re: ATEM Software Control and High Resolution Display

PostSat May 02, 2020 11:15 pm

As a possible solution to people that are having a problem with 4k laptop displays...

I was getting scaling issues with the GUI. I had buttons overlapping on the switcher screen and the interface was unusable. When I would try and run it in windowed mode it was even worse.

In Windows 10, under "Display Settings" in the "Scale and Layout" section there is a pull-down for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" and mine was set to "250%" by default. When I dropped this value to "225%" all of my GUI issues were resolved. I can drop the percentage lower, but all it does is make everything smaller and more spread out. You may find a scaling setting that is more optimal for your particular display.

My Laptop is a Dell XPS 13 with a 4K touchscreen display.

Hope this helps some of you.

Return to Live Production