Caspar CG Hardware

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tanner Schelle

Caspar CG Hardware

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 4:49 pm

If I ever figure out how to use Caspar CG (Which I am having a hell of a time with). What hardware should I buy to properly have the graphic and its alpha channel sent to me 1 M/E?

JohnBengston

Re: Caspar CG Hardware

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Get yourself a Decklink Extreme 3D. This will give you Key and Fill you send to the Mixer on two SDI connections.

Stick with CasparCG, I'm going to make a JustMacros release designed to be run in the background on the CasparCG machine, which you can then use a webbrowser on a remote PC to manage.

Get a nVidia GTX 670 for a graphics card. It's a nice compromise between power and price.

Once your adobe-ed up with Flash, and you are through the learning curve, CasparCG is a great tool.

Cheers John

P.S. Here is a screen shot of the CasparCG JustMacros (obviously still in a partial dev state). We are now working towards next Monday to release these scripts.

Tanner Schelle

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks! I have a pretty powerful PC right now with two Intensity Pro's in them. I just need to be able to get my after effect animations into my live stream. What is JustMacros? I have so much to learn about IP addresses, and Flash, and similar things and I feel like I have no where to find help for it.

JohnBengston

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Just Macros is the scripting system I wrote so you could do ATEM sequences and macros. It's FREE, and you can read about it on mostly on http://www.atemuser.com/forums/atem-vision-mixers/blackmagic-atems/just-macros. It's basically a helper for Black Magic Design products, designed to try to get the most of of their gear.

We added CasparCG as obviously a lot of BMD Decklink customers use CasparCG, and it works well with the ATEM for graphics.

You should check it out or at least please watch my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wFuqv0qUYpo

If new to it, I would wait until next week when I'll be posted a whole load of new screens, like this CasparCG one to make life easier for users, and doing some more videos.

Have fun, BMD certainly make this cheaper, it's a lot to learn though to get the max from their gear.

Cheers

John

Tanner Schelle

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Just watched the video. This will help me so much. I wanted to start having some cool 3d transitions for live use for the fights but I wasn't able to before. This will enable me to do it finally!

Return to Live Production