PC not registering sound from Web Presenter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bmicajah77

PC not registering sound from Web Presenter

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm

I have come to my wits end. My Web Presenter is registering audio through the XLR on the rear of the unit. However, OBS does not register any audio coming from the Web Presenter. Streaming to Facebook live. Video streams fine, other than being grainy because I need to boost our upstream. NO AUDIO. I've checked the Windows mixer and the Web Presenter is not one of the options. Please help!!!

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: PC not registering sound from Web Presenter

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am

There is a setting somewhere within OBS that will change the audio source to that of the Web Presenter. While do not test with the application internally, maybe one of the other users can offer some guidance or a video/doc to how this can be changed.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

nickbuth

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm

I've found the same thing trying to use the Web Presenter with WebEx. It's set as the selected microphone input within WebEx and set as default on Windows, but there's no audio. Even in the control panel no audio is registered. I checked for updates and also tried making sure that the included software was installed just in case.

The computer I'm using is running Windows 10, and was rebooted before, after, and between plugging in the device and loading the software. I've also tried it on a different Windows 10 computer. The device does work splendidly on a computer running MacOS.

nickbuth

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 3:59 am

Update: Windows, by default, set the audio level for the Web Presenter to 0. I went into the Sound Preferences, Recording Devices, then the properties for the Web Presenter. There's a Level tab in there. I ended up setting it around 50% and it was good after that.

TacheIonut

PostFri Mar 09, 2018 1:55 pm

The sources in OBs can be added. How you add a video source the same way you add a sound source. As I had this problem on two devices, I had to plug an external USB sound card to capture sound which SHOULD OF WORKED through WP without any additional hardware.

Return to Live Production