Atem TVS Livestreaming switching software

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mikhail Tenyakov

Atem TVS Livestreaming switching software

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 2:50 am

Hey guys, the topic of what I'm about to ask might be a little incorrect but i didn't know how best to describe it. So I've asked questions before but I'm still struggling to get done what I want to do.

I have an ATEM TVS, the long rack (older model). The problem I have which is not really a problem but just the way Black Magic made this model. You can only show one screen on livestream. What I mean by that, out of all the different inputs i have, there is one preview window and a program window which is what shows to the livestream.
There is no way to for example take Camera 1 and to scale it down and show in bottom right corner of Camera 2. hope this makes sense.
So my question is, is there a software that can do it? I want to for example be able to show powerpoint at the bottom right corner while showing the person speaking. There is no way to do that with atem software control.

Ive seen somewhere such software available.
For example I have all my cameras plugged into atem tvs and then the atem tvs is connected via hdmi to my streaming PC. and from there the software takes places where it would overlay or overlap or do whatever else i might want.

If of im asking makes no sense or i have a limited picture and you guys have some other advice. let me know.

Hope someone can recommend something for me that would work great with atem tvs. thank you

Ian Morrish

Re: Atem TVS Livestreaming switching software

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 am

While there is no PiP DVE in the original TVS, you can do a hack for PowerPoint using DSK and a mask.
See https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... owerpoint/

Otherwise, a capture card for the program out and OBS software works.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Thomas Seewald

Re: Atem TVS Livestreaming switching software

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 am

The „old“ TVS has no DVI, so it can‘t scale images itself. I think, the new one have one...
A workaround would indeed the usage of software. Sorry, but I don‘t know, if OBS can do the job, but maybe take a look to vMix or Vidblaster.

Maybe the following idea works also as workaround: re-connect the multiview out to an input. So you will see it insode its own small windows and it can be handled like a normal source. Now cou can use a keyer to insert the „powerpoint-window“at its real position by using the keyer mask functionality. E.g the power point is at the left lower small window, you can dispay it in the left lower corner and it is scaled....

But this works only with fixed values. Fixed position given by position at multiview and fixed size to 1/4of height and 1/4of width.

Maybe Ians idea is better because of flexinle position. In both cases the mask function is the key to the success. ;-)

Keep in mind, that a lot of powepoints are not made very clever because of small fonts and lines. Sometimes there will be viewed badly in normal size and dont‘t look better when scaled down...
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Live Production