ATEM 1 M/E Control Panel problem after upgrade to 7.3

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

MattDavey

ATEM 1 M/E Control Panel problem after upgrade to 7.3

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi all

I upgraded my 1 M/E control panel (old style, not the new advanced) and my 2 M/E Production Studio to version 7.3 and now I have a real problem; after 2 mins the panel loses IP connectivity. It happens when directly connected to the switcher and also through a netgear hub. The IP addresses are correct and when I unplug and replug it finds it again, foe exactly 2 mins, almost like a timeout somewhere ?

I can only image this to be a bug, but any suggestions gratefully received.

I have another 2 M/E production switcher running the previous version, but now can't use the panel with it as there's a firmware mismatch; is there a way to take the panel back to the previous version ?

Many thanks

Matt

Jack Fairley

Re: ATEM 1 M/E Control Panel problem after upgrade to 7.3

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm

If you install the older ATEM software, you should be able to downgrade the panel that way. FWIW my 1 M/E panel works fine on 7.3.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

MattDavey

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Jack Fairley wrote:If you install the older ATEM software, you should be able to downgrade the panel that way. FWIW my 1 M/E panel works fine on 7.3.

Thanks for that Jack; it's a weird one. I've messaged BM support direct to see what they come back with.

I have another 2M/E Production switcher that is on the older software, and when I connected the panel to that it said there was firmware mismatch.

How do you go about uninstalling the new software on the panel and going back to the previous one ?

Many thanks for any advice.

Matt

Jack Fairley

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm

If you have 7.2 installed on the computer, when you connect the panel USB and open the ATEM setup utility, it should prompt you to update the panel.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Hello Matt. Since you mentioned a "Hub", I wanted to point out that "hubs" are not good Ethernet connection devices for ATEMs and other gear. If you meant "switch", then never mind. I also realized you said the problem happens direct connect so it's probably not the hub as you say, but I wanted to point that out in general. I have been running my 1M/E panel on multiple switchers without issue but it's worth keeping an eye on it.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production