Help with Setup

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

thepaxpastor

Help with Setup

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 3:35 am

Our church is looking to improve our live stream setup. Currently, we have a fairly basic setup. We're running two stationary cameras through OBS on a 2016 iMac. Our sound is run through a Behringer X32. We stream through Facebook Live.

We are wanting to increase production quality a bit. We are thinking about getting the ATEM Television Studio. We can connect our cameras but also run our ProPresenter (presentation) software to broadcast some of the stuff being shown on our screens.

What I'm wondering: would there be a benefit to also purchasing the Blackmagic Design Web Presenter? Is there a benefit to running the stream through that rather than just running it through the iMac to the internet? Is it unnecessary with the ATEM Television Studio? If so, do you recommend pairing the ATEM Television Studio with anything else?

Forgive me for my ignorance, I'm just trying to do due diligence so we make sure our setup is configured properly. We are new to much of this, but we're quick learners.

Jack Fairley

Re: Help with Setup

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 7:07 pm

If you're using two cameras with OBS, it sounds like you already have a capture device. Depending on what it is, you may be able to connect the ATEM program feed to that, and broadcast that to FB through OBS.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Return to Live Production