Anyone use Lumantek ez-cger mini?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

eisenmen

Anyone use Lumantek ez-cger mini?

PostSat Feb 10, 2018 12:12 am

Has anyone used the Lumantek ez-cger mini with an ATEM switcher? It takes a windows computer USB output and generate Key and Fill HD/SDI signals. Just wondering if this thing actually works as thee are no reviews online that I can find.

Scott Ryan

Re: Anyone use Lumantek ez-cger mini?

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 6:12 am

I would be very interested in this provided it works correctly.

Thomas Seewald

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 am

After looking at the website, it seems to be an interesting device.Outputs broadcast resolution and framerates (720p and 1080i) and has key and fill SDI outs. When USB3 works and the price ist ok, why not...

At the web page, I missed a few things
- price
- possible connectivity to external data sources eg. for sports scoring
- explaination, how the software can generate preview and program, when the device only has outputs for sending key and fill ta a switcher ;-)
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

eisenmen

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 1:20 am

It's $1200 at BH. I guess we'll take the leap and try it out - will report back later. I was planning on inserting fill/key to the ATEM as DSK and using the multi-view as the preview (you'd also see it in the software on the PC). If it works as advertised, seems a good field CG at a reasonable price.

Asgeir Hustad

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 pm

I'm very pleased with my Ultrastudio HD Mini - but that is Thunderbolt 3, so not tested it with a Windows-PC.

I'm using it both as a capture card for streaming and for outputting Fill and Key directly from Premiere on my recent Macbook Pro, depending on the needs of the production.

az.liquidriver

PostSat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Asgeir Hustad wrote:I'm very pleased with my Ultrastudio HD Mini - but that is Thunderbolt 3, so not tested it with a Windows-PC.

I'm using it both as a capture card for streaming and for outputting Fill and Key directly from Premiere on my recent Macbook Pro, depending on the needs of the production.

Hi Asgeir Hustad,
would you be so kind to share your knowledge how to configure Adobe Premiere (version?) to output Key and Fill signals with the Ultrastudio HD Mini. Does Premiere see the SDI-1 & SDI-2?

Thanks to all replys in advance.

Return to Live Production