live setup

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sotoangel

live setup

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi, i am working in a church, and we want to film everything in HD
My question is what is te software for mac to swith 3 cameras with 3 Decklink.

Or if you have a better set up for 3 cameras, swith and record in HD

Thank you
Angel

Xtreemtec

Re: live setup

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Go for a Atem TVS. 6 channels available. And you can get H.264 output directly from the USB port. Save as 1 stream. Saves you a lot of work editing afterwards..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

sotoangel

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Thank you Xtreemtec,

Atem TVS, is very good

With this product i just need to add the cameras and them i get the videos in my computer with a swich software.

I have more question

whit this software is possible to record. Like life on tape?

l have 1 HDMI camera and two JVC GYHD100, how i can connect the two JVC to Atem TVS?

Is possible to use a wireles system for the cameras and what you recommen?

Thank you
Angel

Xtreemtec

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Well the TVS is a video mixer.. So you mix the 3 camera's into 1 video feed. Nice to have on screens in the church.

By the USB output of this mixer you record your video + audio to your PC with Media Express. This is software you get with the Video mixer.

The JVC's output 720P out on the Component output. You could use an analog > sdi converter. This way you go 1280x720P HD into the mixer. Be sure to set the HDMI camera also to 720P

I would not use wireless.. Wireless is not really suited for HD. and prone to errors and make's the whole setup a lot more expensive and a lot more complicated.

But with SDI you run HD video and audio trough 1 BNC cable.
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

sotoangel

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Wao you help me a lot,

Can you give me a link for the > sdi converter

And for the cable 1 BNC cable

Another question, the cable of the HDMI can be long, becouse my church is big and i need cables like 70 mts from the video mixer

The other think is i just wana take the video from the camera no audio, i wana take the audio front the master audio mixer fron the church.

Thank you
Angel

Xtreemtec

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 am

I'm sorry I don't want to be rude.. :oops: But it seems that you have no idea what this video gear is about...

I think you can better find somebody that can advice and help you setup your system locally. Who can help you setup the camera's the right way. Install your mixer and get everything in working order.

I don't know where you life? But maybe you can consult a BMD dealer or installer. They can give you advice on site and help you to get the right gear for the job.

HDMI is for 10 meters maximum! Otherwise you need a converter. HDMI > SDI
For the JVC's you need a converter Analog > SDI (connect it with component cable not composite.)
BNC cable is standard video cable used in professional setups.

The converters I talk about can be found here> http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... rs/models/

The BNC cable is something you make tailor-made. Look at RG-59 video cables. And use BNC connectors to the end.

sotoangel

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 am

Thank you very much
God bless you

Return to Live Production