ATEM Television Studio Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Reinhold-Vienna

ATEM Television Studio Pro

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 am

Hallo,

ich schreibe in Deutsch da mein Englisch nicht auf hohem Niveau ist.

Habe ein ATEM Television Studio Pro-Kontrol Panel erstanden um damit in Zukunft
3 - PTZ Kameras (an den HD-SDI Inputs) zu betreiben sowie an den HDMI Inputs
Laptops. Die Atem Software Version ATEM Switchers 7.3 wurde auf einem Laptop installiert
und damit läst sich das Bedienpanel via Ethernetverbindung auch bedienen.
Mein Problem: wenn ich einen Laptop (Windows Betriebssystem) an den HDMI-Inputs anschließe so ist kein Bild am Preview zu sehen. Habe verschiedene Laptops ausprobiert. Der einzige Laptop bei dem ein Bild zu sehen ist, ist von einem Macbook. Habe probiert die Einstellungen des Mischers zu verändern was auch keinen Erfolg gebracht hat. Input und Output Format: 1080P/50
Würde Unterstützung benötigen.

Greetings from Vienna - Reinhold ;)

I write in German because my English is not at a high level.

Have an ATEM Television Studio Pro-Kontrol Panel purchased in the future
3 - operate PTZ cameras (on the HD-SDI inputs) and on the HDMI inputs
Laptops. The respiratory software version ATEM Switchers 7.3 was installed on a laptop
and thus the operating panel can also be operated via Ethernet connection.
My Problem: if I connect a laptop (Windows operating system) to the HDMI inputs, there is no picture on the preview. Have tried different laptops. The only laptop in which a picture can be seen is from a Macbook. Have tried to change the settings of the mixer which has also brought no success. Input and Output Format: 1080P / 50
Would need assistance.

Chris Murch

Re: ATEM Television Studio Pro

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Hallo,

Sie müssen den Ausgang des Laptops so einstellen, dass er mit dem Eingang Ihres Switches übereinstimmt. Der Laptop wird höchstwahrscheinlich standardmäßig einen 1080p 59.97 Feed ausgeben.

Am einfachsten testen Sie dies, indem Sie den Eingang des Switches auf 1080p 59.97 stellen und sehen, ob er dann angezeigt wird. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie den Desktop des Laptops erweitern. Meine Laptops haben beide die Fähigkeit, die Ausgabe des HDMI-Anschlusses zu ändern, was auch immer ich über die Intel-Grafiksoftware auswähle.

Wenn Sie die Ausgabe des Laptops nicht ändern können, benötigen Sie einen Konverter wie z. B. den Dezimatorbereich, um das empfangene Signal aufzunehmen und zu ändern, was auch immer Sie in Ihren Switcher eingeben möchten.

Entschuldigung, mein Deutsch ist nur eine zweite Sprache und ich habe eine Weile nicht geübt.

Ich hoffe das hilft.

ENGLISH

Hello,

You need to set the output of the laptop to match what the input on your switcher is. The laptop will more than likely be outputting a 1080p 59.97 feed by default.

The easiest way to test this is to set the input on the switcher to 1080p 59.97 and see if it then shows. Make sure you are extending the desktop of the laptop. My laptops both have the ability to change the output of the HDMI port to whatever I choose via the intel graphics software.

If you are unable to change the output of the laptop, you will need a converter such as the decimator range to take the signal it is receiving and change it to whatever you want to input into your switcher.

Sorry my German is only a second language and I am have not practiced for a while.

I hope this helps.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 4:06 pm

A detailed and English description on how to is in the FAQ live production
Frequently Asked Questions - Atem Mixer > Point 1.2 ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Thomas Seewald

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Hallo Reinhold, wie schon mehrfach geschrieben, müssen alle an das ATEM angeschlossene Videoquellen die gleichen technischen Eigenschaften erfüllen (Bildwiederholrate und Auflösung).

Wenn die Computer nicht im Preview angezeigt werden, dann stimmen diese Parameter nicht überein. Leider funktioniert das HDMI-übliche "Aushandeln" der Parameter bei den ATEM Mischern nicht. So musst Du deinen Computer so einstellen, dass diese Parameter zu allen anderen angeschlossenen Geräte einschließlich des ATEM passen. Das solltest Du in den Einstellungen der Grafikkarten tun können. Leider sind die "europäischen" Einstellungen gerne etwas versteckt.

And now my terrible english Version ;-)

Hi Reinhold,as written multiple, all sources connectes td the ATEM must be set to the same technical Parameters (framerate and resolution).

If your Computer output isn't visible at ATEM preview, the technical parameters don't fit to ATEM. Unfortunately, the HDMI-handshake don't work with ATEM vision mixers. So you have to set your graphics card to the right Parameters manually - the same, all other sources are set to, including the ATEM itself. Yo should do this in the graphics card software control panel. Sometimes the european stettings are a little bit hidden.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Reinhold-Vienna

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 9:49 am

Hallo Thomas,
hab einiges probiert und es funktioniert wenn der ATEM Television Studio PRO HD auf 1080i 59,94
eingestellt wird. Alle Laptops bei der BS-Ausgabe auf 60 Frames eigestellt- es klappt.
Nebenbei habe ih festgestellt das auch "ältere" Laptops ein Vollbild am TSP ausgeben wenn man bei der Bildschirmausgabe nicht auf duplizieren geht sondern "nur auf 2 Bildschirm ausgeben".
lg aus Wien :)

Englisch:
tried a few things and it works when the ATEM Television Studio PRO HD on [b] 1080i 59.94 [/ b]
is set. All laptops are set to 60 frames on the BS output - it works.
Incidentally, Ih found that even "older" laptops spend a full screen on the TSP if you do not duplicate the screen output but "[b] only output on 2 screens [/ b]".

Greetings from Vienna

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello Reinhold!

If U want to connect Notebook to ATEM, the best thing is use any video scaller .. It will scale input from notebook (at any resolution/fps) into your selected resolution (for example 1080p50) .. So U can connect any notebook without any special settings on it and everything will be work ..

I preffer this two :
Datavideo DAC-70
http://www.datavideo.com/us/product/DAC-70
Its more expensive .. But have SDI, HDMI and VGA inputs and covert it to SDI and HDMI output ..

Or really great piece of HW is
Decimator Design MD-HX
http://www.decimator.com/Products/MiniC ... MD-HX.html
It have only SDI and HDMI inputs (no VGA!) , and SDI + HDMI out ..
But works as bidirectional cross converrter SDI<->HDMI , splitter HDMI/SDI->4xSDI and have built ins scaller too .. For very good price ..

If U buy one of this , u can forget to problems with conecting laptop to ATEM ..

Greeting from Bratislava!
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

Reinhold-Vienna

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Hello Roman,I've had a decimator for a few days already.
The part is super.
My settings after several tests on Televisions Pro with 1080i59.94 are the most ideal.
Thanks and greetings to Bratislava from Vienna :D

Return to Live Production