NEW HYBRYD SMPTE CAMERA AND STUDIO ADAPTORS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

videokadr

NEW HYBRYD SMPTE CAMERA AND STUDIO ADAPTORS

PostMon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Is the Hybryd SMPTE CAMERA AND STUDIO ADAPTORS are used only to BlackMagic?, or other cameras (SONY, Panasanic, ect ) too?
8 cameras OBVAN HD/4K, low prices, working EU area, videokadr@wp.pl
Jacek Niewadzi

nmsoundengineer

Re: NEW HYBRYD SMPTE CAMERA AND STUDIO ADAPTORS

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am

in the video he mentions they think it would work with any manufacturer. I Think this would be a fantastic solution for my HPX-370s if all the parts mate up and work.
David Buehler
db Production Services LLC
Albuquerque, NM

Raphaël Jacquot

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 am

considering they have standard sdi IN and outs, you can plug them onto anything

videokadr

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 am

Maybe yes, but not to end. Sony, Panasonic, ect each of them have specifical protocol to remoted camera.
What kind of protocol is sending by ethernet in new adaptors? Haw I can conected Sony camera with controling CCU by the BM? For video is OK, but what about CCU controling?
What kind of signal are in the molex conector in BM camera adaptor?
Jacek Niewadzi

Tobias Dieterich

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 10:55 am

According to the pictures the Molex connector is just power. Makes sense, since the BM cameras get their shading data via the return SDI path.

The BM device probably will not be able to shade Sony or other cameras. But third parties could use the ethernet gateway to bridge shading data to the camera.
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de

video and embedded software engineer
ready for SMPTE ST 2110

videokadr

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm

I know that protocol SONY to controling camera is different then BM. It is RS422. If it will be possible converted this protiocol on IP, it can be controled Sony camera by the BM.
Jacek Niewadzi

nmsoundengineer

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 pm

I would think that the PTZ control ports on each end act as a Serial Tunnel, so one would conclude it may be possible to get RS 232/485 to go down these lines using the traditional Sony or Panasonic remote panels, as long as you make adapters for each end.
David Buehler
db Production Services LLC
Albuquerque, NM

Xtreemtec

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Even if it would work as a serial tunnel it won't be able to control the Sony serial cameras. ;) I know the protocol and without the propper structure in data packets and some other control lines it won't work.. BTW bmd does mention that the PTZ connector is linked to the Atem PTZ control by SDI. this means no return control data.. And embedded into the SDI protocol so the frame accuracy for sony is far out.. ;)

The Ethernet might work in the future as Ethernet shading.. But for now.. This fiber converter will only work fully for the Ursas.. Yes you can add a Vlock on the mount and put it behind some other camera. But don't expect shading. ;) Offcourse there will be a 3th Party sollution for that.. :D :D Will be a very very very busy year..... :roll: :lol: Sooooon more..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

videokadr

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Yes, I think too. But is the one solution to checked. In my opinion maybe it would be possible to used two rcp-lan-modules with 8-pin-remote-connector by http://www.wireless-rcp.com
The engineers from wireless-rcp have constructed a suitable adapter that converts RS422 to IP and vice versa.
Jacek Niewadzi

videokadr

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 pm

I discovered one more possibility to connect SONY RMB150 control over PTZ. The PTZ transmits signals RS422 like as RMB 150 Sony. It is enough to properly connect the wires to the connector and the control of SONY camera parameters should be work. I will check it out next week.
Jacek Niewadzi

Xtreemtec

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 pm

videokadr wrote:I discovered one more possibility to connect SONY RMB150 control over PTZ. The PTZ transmits signals RS422 like as RMB 150 Sony. It is enough to properly connect the wires to the connector and the control of SONY camera parameters should be work. I will check it out next week.

I can tell you right now it wont work..... :lol: Unless they changed the protocol settings for the RMB150..
Yes Sony is a 422 serial protocol. But at such high baudrate the Visca port will not understand it at all... (more then 10 times faster then the Visca protocol) Also the PTZ port is only taking visca commands! As it does take the Visca commands it does know and does embedd this into the SDI data stream with the commands listed in the SDI protocol that is at the end of the manual of the Ursa.

I have been working on the Sony protocol and have written permision under NDA so i know what it takes to communicate with sony cameras. ;)
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Robert Betzner

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Daniel,

why did you never release this converter? It would have been a huge success. Due to legal restrictions on the protocols used by Sony or Panasonic?

I would have bought 10 of these units right away if they were available. But no word since 2 years!?

Cheers

Robert

videokadr

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 2:44 pm

I was buy from china 4 pices last year. They controled SONY with RMB 150 over fiber. If I have something, I'll give you a contact.
Last edited by videokadr on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacek Niewadzi

Robert Betzner

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Can you post a link?

videokadr

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Take my OB Van to work you'll see how it works at work. My price is not expencive 2500 Euros per day with 4 cameras and engineer
Jacek Niewadzi

Robert Betzner

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 3:13 pm

That is a little bit selfish from you to ask for help in a forum but don't answer other peoples questions. As you can imagine there is nothing you can do for us that we can't do by ourselves.

This is a user forum where we help each other and not an advertising platform for your own service. You should rethink your appearance.

Nicy try but totally untrustworthy company if that is your general attitude.

Cheers

Robert

Xtreemtec

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 3:32 pm

I gave the anwser in another topic too.. No we have the official protocols from them under NDA. So that is not the problem. But the project was on hold for 14 months due to reasons i can not discuss here.
The good thing is that we found an investor and picked up the project again since a few weeks.
We also upgraded the unit to 12G option. So it will be available in a 3G and 12G configuration :D

New prototypes are in the progress of routing the final design. And we hope to have the new board in 4 to 6 weeks for testing and finalising software.

So all in all in a couple of months.. I hope sooner then later we will release this box under our own brand instead of Fieldcast. :) First need to finnish 2 other big project next 3 weeks. ;)

videokadr

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Robert Betzner wrote:That is a little bit selfish from you to ask for help in a forum but don't answer other peoples questions. As you can imagine there is nothing you can do for us that we can't do by ourselves.

This is a user forum where we help each other and not an advertising platform for your own service. You should rethink your appearance.

Nicy try but totally untrustworthy company if that is your general attitude.

Cheers

Robert

I use the forum and share knowledge as much as I can. But for me this is the best way to advertise. You are very poisonous. Do not criticize me and do not taunt my company. Remember that Germany has not paid Poland and the Polish nation reparation for the destruction and of the last war. With a clear conscience I remind you of the harm you have done to us.
Jacek Niewadzi

Xtreemtec

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Guys keep it friendly!! ;)

To sum up..
The new Camera converter will not do Sony or Panasonic shading in>out..
There are fiber solutions that will do a 1:1 link but you need a extra fiber pair or CWDM muxing to use this.
To advertise your company here is not the best place.. It might even be against the forum rules.. ;)

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Guys keep it friendly!! ;)
To advertise your company here is not the best place.. It might even be against the forum rules.. ;)

Yes, let's keep it friendly. Personal attacks are not permitted on our forums and if it continues, warnings and/or bans may follow.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Robert Betzner

PostSat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 am

Xtreemtec wrote:I gave the anwser in another topic too.. No we have the official protocols from them under NDA. So that is not the problem. But the project was on hold for 14 months due to reasons i can not discuss here.
The good thing is that we found an investor and picked up the project again since a few weeks.
We also upgraded the unit to 12G option. So it will be available in a 3G and 12G configuration :D

New prototypes are in the progress of routing the final design. And we hope to have the new board in 4 to 6 weeks for testing and finalising software.

So all in all in a couple of months.. I hope sooner then later we will release this box under our own brand instead of Fieldcast. :) First need to finnish 2 other big project next 3 weeks. ;)

That is fantastic news. Please keep us informed about that converter box. I think I would be one of the first who will buy a couple of those.

Cheers

Robert

Xtreemtec

PostSat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:To advertise your company here is not the best place.. It might even be against the forum rules.. ;)

BMD Forum rules wrote:You agree that the Blackmagic Forum is not a sales forum, and there will be no selling of products on the forum. The announcements section can be used for third party product announcements by contacting Blackmagic Design to have your news posted.

So it is indeed against forum regulations. ;)

Sebastian Reg

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Is it possible (now or in future) to control Sony camera with Datavideo MCU-200S using Hybryd SMPTE camera and studio adaptors via ethernet connection?
6 cameras (PMW 300) flypack in Poland, we work in EU area. Best quality, but Polish prices :).
https://www.onestream.pl/

Xtreemtec

PostWed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am

Sebastian Reg wrote:Is it possible (now or in future) to control Sony camera with Datavideo MCU-200S using Hybryd SMPTE camera and studio adaptors via ethernet connection?

NO. Because the MCU-200s is not Ethernet.. It is 422 control over ethernet cabling ;)

Return to Live Production