Fiber Camera Converter + Camera/Paint Remote

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

nmsoundengineer

Fiber Camera Converter + Camera/Paint Remote

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 am

Anybody think/know if the new Fiber CCU setup will allow for using the BMD Camera Control Panel WITHOUT requiring a ATEM switcher in the fold to control the URSA broadcast?

I assuming some communication is happening directly between the control panel and the CCU since there is return data coming from the CCU for network, alarm and status indicators on the panel?

If the setup supports this, it really becomes a bit of a game changer for me, as I currently use Tricaster for the switching side, but our cabling solutions over the years have been less than ideal.

Better yet, if down the road, they figured out how to use the PTZ/Serial port on the side of the camera back to adapt to other manufacturer's paint protocols with an adapter cable, this could be amazing.
David Buehler
db Production Services LLC
Albuquerque, NM

Xtreemtec

Re: Fiber Camera Converter + Camera/Paint Remote

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

For your info.. ;) BMD won't adapt to other protocols as all protocols are intelectual propperty of there respective owners.

We got green light from Sony, Panasonic and JVC to implement there protocols into our fiber box to do remote shading by SDI fiber with the open CCU protocol of BMD.

This box was on hold for 14 months because of some reasons i can not mention here.. But we recently picked up the project again under our own name. So we are working on it again with a full new redesign of the product to make it better then before.

On the Atem / mixer side you will need a 4 or 8 channel Atem Studio converter and some embedded CCU data to run shading, tally, intercom, lens control, ptz control. etc. :)

I guess there will be a box in the future which will allow for direct CCU from the BMD CCU panel.. But as the product is not even released yet.. I guess we all have to wait.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production