Remote Record Control with URSA Mini & ATEM

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

inkedboiie

Remote Record Control with URSA Mini & ATEM

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if there is a way to remote control the rec start/stop from the ATEM using URSA Mini & Mini Pro ?

We often have camera fixed on complicated location and are currently using a zoom remote with long cable directly under the camera to do it, but in some situations we cannot even access under the camera.

If you have any idea !

Thanks a lot,

Cheers
Director of Production @ Freecaster.com

Denny Smith

Re: Remote Record Control with URSA Mini & ATEM

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 pm

As far as I know, the ATEM CCU does not do Record start/stop, unless there had been a recent change by BM to the latest FW. I would suggest sending a message directly to BM Support, in the form of a feature request, and see what response you get.

Thant said, I think the IPad application for the Pro can support record start/stop.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

Re: Remote Record Control with URSA Mini & ATEM

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Recently they added something to the CCU protocol :D (See Protocol version 1.2)

See the Ursa broadcast manual Page 226 > Media > 10.1 > Transport mode > Mode[0] Preview, Play, Record

It even looks like you can set the camera into playout mode and control the playout speed.. (Direct from camera Slomo anyone? :lol: ) If recorded into HFR this might be very cool.. Need some testing ;)

But i'm not entirely sure if this only readout or also set function.. As they don't mention a minimum or maximum value.. But then again they don't either do this by the PTZ Reset, recall, Store function.. So testing is needed to check if this is possible. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production