Problem with Studio camera

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ignacio

Problem with Studio camera

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Good morning! I want to ask about some troubles with a Studio Camera. It`s connected to external monitor by SDI and sometimes the image in this last monitor goes out. it just get black and starts to blink between black and image for some seconds and then it ends and the camara starts to function properly. It happens spontaniously during the transmission. We change the cable and check the pins, we restart the camara thinking that could be a sinchronism problem but not. Do you have more ideas about it?

Xtreemtec

Re: Problem with Studio camera

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Is the studio cam connected by SDI or by fiber?
Do you see any issues in tally dropping while monitor flickers?

What monitor are we talking about? Brand, model?
What resolution are you running?
What kind of SDI cable are you using?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

jgresso

PostSun Feb 10, 2019 4:25 pm

I'm having a similar problem. One of our Studio 4K cameras has begun to have an LOS issue between the camera and the SmartVideo Hub 12x12. Video blinks and then goes out on the switcher/broadcast, but the camera is still working. Camera display is still up and tally is working. This issue has progressively gotten worse. Now we have to power cycle every few minutes and that doesn't even bring it back up every time anymore. I tried swapping the SDI in and out cables to see if the issue changed. No change.

Robert Betzner

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Make sure to have a VERY STABLE SDI connection to input 1 on the videohub (if it is a cleanswitch). It syncs to that input so anything that is not stable at input 1 affects ALL 12 outputs of the cleanswitch.

You should indeed connect your switchers PGM output (or an aux output) to input 1 of the cleanswitch.

Cheers

Robert

Robert Betzner

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm

jgresso wrote:I tried swapping the SDI in and out cables to see if the issue changed. No change.

What kind of cable do you use? How long is that cable?

Cheers

Robert

Xtreemtec

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 pm

The Fact that he only has issues with the output of that camera, His input still works,
He swapped cables and didn't matter.

And the only way to get the signal back is reboot the camera. I would bet that camera is having an issue with it's hardware.
You might want to try a down and upgrade from firmware to see if it solves anything.

Also make a test setup with a 5 meter sdi cable direct to the Atem. See if this is stable or still going down. If so contact BMD Service because i think your hardware is near going defect.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production