Hyperdeck Pro - Loose fitting SSD drives

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

steveblink

Hyperdeck Pro - Loose fitting SSD drives

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 1:24 pm

This may seem like a stupid question. I have Sandisk SSD drives that I want to use in the HyperDeck Pro. It seems they are undersized and loose and must need a cover or adapter to fit the slot more snugly. I've tried to find some kind of cover with no success. I must be missing something simple. Is there a cover that takes the SSD's I have and makes them larger? Does BMD make such covers or a third party. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steveblink

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Hyperdeck Pro - Loose fitting SSD drives

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 pm

You can get 7mm to 9.5mm drive spacers (usually plastic with adhesive backing) that stick to the top of the drives to make them a little taller.

It helps a little, but it's still not really a snug fit in the drive slots. Seems like this may be by design though, as the slots themselves are taller than 9.5mm.

Some other SSD recorders use proprietary drive caddies which allows for a more custom fit. But that approach has its own drawbacks, such as a need to buy the caddies and often a proprietary drive reader/docking station.

Xtreemtec

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 10:00 am

Well there are plenty of SSD drives that are the right higth. But for some reason SSD manufacturers decided to slimline there drives because they could..

Some include the spacers in their packaging.. But a sheet of forex can also help out.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

steveblink

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Thanks for the replies. I guess as long as they work I can deal with the cosmetic issues. Is there an actual drive brand that BMD specifically designed around? In all their pics on the site they show drives that have a shell. I'll give this spacer a try for now.

Thanks again,

Steve

Return to Live Production