4 simeltaneous supersource layouts?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

William Tafe

4 simeltaneous supersource layouts?

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 2:32 am

Hi,

I'm guessing none of the current mixers can meet this demand, but my workflow is controlling what is displayed on up to 4 different screens at once, most of the time the content is similar but there are times when everyone needs to see different content (supersource layout)

Is there anything available that can meet this requirement and/or are there any suggestions on how I can fulfill this?

MambaFiber.com

Re: 4 simeltaneous supersource layouts?

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 12:30 am

correct, even the 4 M/E ATEM only has a single super source. if you need more then external gear is the only way to achieve this with the ATEM.

we have used Decimator multi view units as a quasi-super source. for our needs it works very well.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

William Tafe

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 4:35 pm

MambaFiber.com,

Thank you for this recommendation, we ordered 3 of the units and I believe it will satisfy the use case very well. I need to look into scripting the changing of the layouts as I foresee that will be an additional request but this will serve the immediate need along with the 4 M/E keyers being able to display other content on-top of them.

Ian Morrish

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Do you actually need 4 picture in picture windows (super Source) on each of the 4 screens?

If you just want 4 screens that can have a different source then you can do that with a single 4M/E (possibly even a 1 or 2ME).

The 4M/E has 2 physical program outputs plus the 6 Aux outputs (which can be assigned to any input or any of the 4ME outputs).

Just check that you are using the term "supersource" correctly. In BMD case this is up to 4 sources shown on a single screen.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

MambaFiber.com

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 5:00 am

Hi William,

Glad to have offered a solution. The other part of the equation for us is a Videohub. all of our switcher sources run into out video hub first. we then route the sources to outputs to feed the ATEM, and additional outputs to feed the inputs of the multi viewers. this make it very easy to select which sources you want to see in the various panes of the various multiviews. the 40x40 Videohub has plenty of ins and out to make all of this happen.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Return to Live Production