Blackmagic 3G-SDI Arduino Shield

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Petequero

Blackmagic 3G-SDI Arduino Shield

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Hello guys,

I am currently working on a optronic bench and I need to measure the latency of the system.
The system is made of a camera and an image processing element.

In order to do so, I am thinking to use a led which could serve as a "start" signal.
First, I would need to set the led ON state to the beginning of the frame integration time of the camera.
Then, I would associate to this event a time coming from the Blackmagic 3G-SDI Arduino Shield clock: t = t1.
After, I would like to record the video SDI output of the system camera+image processing. In order to get rid of the response time (latency) of the screen, I would like to associate to each frame (video flux unit) a time from the clock of the 3G-SDI Arduino.
Finally, each frame 'n' being associated to a time t = tn, I would just need to look at each image and choose the one where the led is ON, for example the frame 'k'. The latency would be the difference tk-t1.
My question is the following : would it be possible to use the Blackmagic 3G-SDI Arduino Shield for such experiment ? Therefore, would it be possible to associate to an event 'receive of a frame' in the SDI plug-in of the 3G-SDI Arduino board, a time of its clock ?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

David

Return to Live Production