URSA STUDIO VIEWFINDER WITH FIBRE CONVERTER

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

andy@bcfc

URSA STUDIO VIEWFINDER WITH FIBRE CONVERTER

PostFri Mar 09, 2018 11:10 am

Hi I wondered if anyone could give me any advice. we are running an outside broadcast. We already have Sony cameras in place, but we use Blackmagic fibre converters with the talkback converter. I was wondering if the ursa monitor is compatible with other cameras and the blackmagic fibre converter?

Xtreemtec

Re: URSA STUDIO VIEWFINDER WITH FIBRE CONVERTER

PostSat Mar 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Not sure what fiber converters you have on the camera side but i assume the Aluminium Atem Camera Converter?!

If so. The Studio viewfinder will work on that one. Studio viewfinder is SDI and power in.
The studio viewfinder Tally will only react on Tally ID 0 (Monitor Tally) But the Atem Camera Converter will output Tally ID 0 on it's SDI output. So when you set the Tally ID in the Camera converter to the propper ID it will control the tally also.

If you use just standard fiber converters, The monitor will still be useable as SDI monitor.. But tally wont work. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production