Blackmagic Web Presenter audio quality issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

J McInvale

Blackmagic Web Presenter audio quality issue

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm

The church I go to just got a Blackmagic Web Presenter set up with the Teranex Mini Smart Panel for Facebook Live streaming.

When piano is playing, someone is speaking or the preacher is preaching the audio quality is ok, but the bit rate is a little lower than what I'm sure it is capable of.

When the congregation is singing that's when the quality goes all over the board.

It goes from ok to lower in level to poor quality to sounding like something weird is happening to the audio. It does that at random and in no particular order.

To connect to the internet we use one of those Verizon 4G modems.

I have yet to look at the laptop to be sure it is set correctly for the audio as I wasn't there when the box was actually set up.

I can monitor the audio from the laptop to verify if it is something going on before Facebook or when the video is being streamed to Facebook.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Denny Smith

Re: Blackmagic Web Presenter audio quality issue

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Sounds like the audio levels are over modulated when everyone joins in. Try lowering your audio levels,on the computer. The WB output resolution is based on the available bandwidth in the internet connection.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

J McInvale

Re: Blackmagic Web Presenter audio quality issue

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 2:43 am

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Just now saw your reply.

Unfortunately I cannot post a link yet to the forums.

Go on YouTube and search Hardison Baptist Church and click on the most recent video. September 30.

I'm thinking it is a bandwidth issue as we use a Verizon MiFi for the streaming computer as the internet service the church has (Windstream) is too slow.

Return to Live Production