Urgent: SDI Input 7 Not Working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

t3hn4t3

Urgent: SDI Input 7 Not Working

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 5:32 pm

Recently purchased an ATEM Production Studio 4K. It has been working fine for about 2 months.

Last night, we noticed that SDI Input 7 was not working. We thought it was the camera settings, but if we switch the inputs 7 and 8, the camera shows up on input 8. Switch it back, no input. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Would a factory reset help or a firmware flash?

Easter services are tonight and tomorrow and this puts us in a bind. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Ricardo Sagrera

Re: Urgent: SDI Input 7 Not Working

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Hola es tipico de entrada quemada , creo que no tiene solución...

Xtreemtec

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 8:21 am

@Ricardo, English ONLY!!

There is no way of fixing this.. If a reboot does not help, and your atem has enough breath room to cool sufficient.. (Does not overheat in a rack with lot of other gear heating things up) you port is probabbly faulty..
Had a 1ME with 2 blown ports... Was able to fix it by replacing the input chips that were shorted out for some reason... (And no this is not something a normal person can repair.. We have our own SMD rework office and years of expierence in repairs.. ;) )

But if in waranty just contact BMD. They will do some checks.. And if it is faulty you probabbly get a RMA to send it in.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

adonis.puscas

PostMon Jan 22, 2024 4:37 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:@Ricardo, English ONLY!!

There is no way of fixing this.. If a reboot does not help, and your atem has enough breath room to cool sufficient.. (Does not overheat in a rack with lot of other gear heating things up) you port is probabbly faulty..
Had a 1ME with 2 blown ports... Was able to fix it by replacing the input chips that were shorted out for some reason... (And no this is not something a normal person can repair.. We have our own SMD rework office and years of expierence in repairs.. ;) )

But if in waranty just contact BMD. They will do some checks.. And if it is faulty you probabbly get a RMA to send it in.

Hi Daniel. I have the same problem on my ATEM 1M/E Production Studio 4k.
Which is the input chip? Is the one in the picture attached?
Attachments
2b6bd5e1-d3a8-453a-8a5b-7e8c1d452156.jpeg
2b6bd5e1-d3a8-453a-8a5b-7e8c1d452156.jpeg (90.91 KiB) Viewed 398 times

adonis.puscas

PostTue Feb 06, 2024 10:49 pm

Problem solved. Changed the chips and all is working now.
It's easier said than done.
Getting the chip wasn't a problem.
I got it from Mouser Electronics (M22554G-12)
It's around 35 euros a piece + shipping.
The main problem was finding someone who could do this kind of job.
As Daniel said is not a job that a normal person can do.
I was able through a friend to take it to a company that does this sort of stuff and even for them was quite challenging.
If you also have this problem try this at your own risk.
In my case, I was willing to take the risk and it paid off but I can't guarantee that it will solve your problem.
Also, I want to thank Daniel for posting the solution to his issue, if it wasn't for this post it wouldn't crossed my mind that this chip might be the problem and changing it might solved the issue.

Return to Live Production