How come I cant get a clear 1080p signal (pink) only 1080i

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

cained

How come I cant get a clear 1080p signal (pink) only 1080i

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 9:46 pm

I've been trying to do research on this and I can seem to find a clear answer so I came to the source. This is our setup currently.

Computer HDMI out to a BMD HDMI to SDi converter into the 12x12 BMD switcher then out of the switcher to another BMD converter SDi to HDMI into our TV. I can't get a 1080p signal only 1080i, even though everything i've read says it should be capable unless I just don't understand it correctly.

is it not possible or do we have a setting wrong someone, or defective hardware?

Any help would be great!

Xtreemtec

Re: How come I cant get a clear 1080p signal (pink) only 108

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Sounds like a Level A vs Level B issue. Because if it was a RGB / YUV issue (Which can also lead to PINK and GREEN) then it would also excist in the 1080i signal.

I guess 1 of the converters is pushing it into a Level A or B 1080P signal.. And the other sdi box is not able to recover the signal.

But is you have it into 1080P and sdi running into the 12X12 switcher... When you push Video button on the switcher with the selected input.. What do you see on the front lcd of that switcher?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Tom_Bassford

PostSat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 am

No it’s not level A/B

It’s RGB/Ycrcb

When you tell your computer to do 1080i it sets the output to ycrcb which is correct

1080p it’s using RGB which is wrong. If it’s a pc you might be able to make it do ycrcb by selecting an option called TV or something.

The best solution is using an hdmi to SDI converter that supports colour space conversion. The decimator mdhx is the best priced option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

cained

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Yeah the video switcher shows it as being a 1080p signal.

I will look into the decimator HDX, we figured that it would be easiest to stay in the BMD family as everything should work together but we missed that fact it was unable to do convert it to back to 1080p natively

Return to Live Production