Questions about macros in ATEM switchers.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Alexander Kinov

Questions about macros in ATEM switchers.

PostSat Apr 07, 2018 11:28 am

Hi, I'm using few different macros in order to make my life easier when working with ATEM switcher.
There are 3 things I want to do, but I'm not sure how. Any help will be appreciated.
(I have some experience with writing scripts, so if I have to write something, I think I can do it, as long as I know where the macros scripts are stored)

task 1: I need some of the audio faders (in the audio mixer of the switcher) to change their level slowly. Like some sort of slow fade-in or fade-out. I can do that with the mouse, but only one fader at a time and I need 2 or more faders to move together.

task 2. Add some delay to event that has to happen. For example, I want to add two events in a macro, but I want one of them to happen immediately when I run the macro and another event to happen after certain amount of time (I want to choose that time)

task 3: set the media player to show differetn still or image sequence. For example - I want to add few images. I want to show one of them with the media player and then, using macro, to load another one in the player

Thanks!

Xtreemtec

Re: Questions about macros in ATEM switchers.

PostSat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Task 1 is a issue. Or you need to make a macro with a lot of steps.

Task 2 When Recording a macro. You can select a wait time between steps. Somewere in the middle of the screen at the top there is a button Add wait or so.

Task 3. Include in the macro that you select a different media file that is loaded into the media pool. Select and drag into the media player is all it takes to change the media in the player.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Alexander Kinov

Re: Questions about macros in ATEM switchers.

PostSat Apr 07, 2018 7:41 pm

I found this link on youtube. It is very useful (this guy also has other useful tips)

Creating many steps for task 1 is not a problem and I saw examples about that.

I also saw the exact script I need for adding delay for task 2.

Task 3. Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try that. I notices that ATEM creates its own media pool folder - usually in My Pictures folder (I work under Windows 7 and Windows 10). So when I drag file into the media pool, ATEM creates copy of the file on its own folder and creates record on the XML like <Still index="0" name="picture1" path="ATEM Media Pool/picture1.png"/>"
That will come really handy when creating/editing macros.

Thanks again!

Return to Live Production