DaVinci Panels causes ATEM Software Control crash

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ben Carlson

DaVinci Panels causes ATEM Software Control crash

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 am

In case support/engineering team is reading this...
There seems to be a conflict between ATEM Software Control 7.X and DaVinci Panels (part of Resolve 14.X installation).
Since a few days, ATEM Software Control systematically crashed after a few minutes of H.264 capture from my ATEM TVS (USB); I was totally clueless about the reason/cause.
I checked all the basics (disk space, other processes, AV, system health etc.)...I also updated ATEM SC 7.2 to 7.3...no improvement..
Until I realized that I had installed Resolve 14.3 (free) since the last successful capture session.
Looking at the Windows logs, I noticed the following info in the crash events:
Faulting application name: ATEM Software Control.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x596c05c6
Faulting module name: DaVinciPanelAPI32.dll_unloaded, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x59e93fab
I went ahead and uninstalled Da Vinci Panels, which I assumed I don't have any use (no panel attached), and...bingo ! problem solved !...
DR Studio 18.1.4 Win10Pro 22H2 19045.3448 i7-8850H 2.6GHz - 32GB RAM;
nVidia Quadro P2000 4 GB (532.09)
OS,Library,Project: 1TB SSD - Cache & src media files: 500GB NVMe
ATEM TVS (8.6.4), VA 4k (2.5.4)
Mini Monitor & Mini Recorder (Deskt Vid 12.0)

Xtreemtec

Re: DaVinci Panels causes ATEM Software Control crash

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 9:15 am

Well you can use the davinci panels for shading with the Atem software.. so they do have a link to eachother..

You might want to trow this into a support ticket.. Because Case support / engineering team is not present in this forum as it is a USER forum. There are a fewq moderators with a lot of expierience.. But you might be better off reporting this in a support ticket to get it into the pipeline for a fix. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production