Teranex Multiview 4 screen order

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Alex Gorski

Teranex Multiview 4 screen order

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm curious, trying to understand how in Oz, when confronted with a display of 4 sources, a developer does decide that the "reading order" should first be [1] on the left of [3] and then on the lower row [2] and [4].

For an otherwise normal brain, it's always [1] [2] then [3] and [4] :evil:

Can't be the "Down Under" effect, or even driving on the "wrong" side of the road :D

On other BMD products, there is no such pain for the eyes.

So why not letting us have things the way they should be ( and for those who might say that there is no "us" vs "them", have some consideration for those who think otherwise ) and enabling the "right order" in the setup app.

Does this makes sense for some people ?

Not that the Multiview 4 is an example of sheer flexibility, seeing how rigid the Tally handling is executed.
1M/E Prod Studio 4K
2M/E Prod Studio 4K
Television Studio HD
Studio Converter
4 Camera Converter
Teranex 2D
Ultrastudio 4K
UltraStudio Express

David Devore

Re: Teranex Multiview 4 screen order

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 pm

This. All this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Set the window order to [1] [2] over [3] [4]. At least in this configuration, I can work with the tallies being locked to the window numbers. BUT, even better would be to enable me to set which tally corresponds to which window. Make it a nice simple set of dropdowns - Window 1: Tally 1-20 Window 2: Tally 1-20... etc. You get the idea. Take it a step further, expose the tally on/off over the ethernet link. Let me control that with text commands, I can make that work.

PLEASE.

Ian Morrish

Re: Teranex Multiview 4 screen order

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 8:51 pm

It follows the same pattern as the Multiview 16 for consistency. Unfortunately it doesn't have source routing like the 16, which would solve your problem.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Return to Live Production