BMPC4k or BMMS4k for live streaming and Video production?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Blueflamman

BMPC4k or BMMS4k for live streaming and Video production?

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 1:12 am

Hey there people,
My name is Troy and I need some advice on which product/s I should purchase. I have an educational website that offers both Live and Pre-recorded lessons. My Current Set-up is 3 x Canon700d's & 1 x GoPro Hero 3+. They then go from HDMI into 4 x BM Micro converters (HDMI to SDI) and into a BM Quad. I then Stream using Wirecast 7.

I Find that my cameras are not bad for the Video recording side as they can record 1080p 24fps however, they will only output 1080i 59.94 which is not ideal and the colors (in my opinion) don't look great when steaming. I was originally thinking of upgrading to the BMMS4K as they look fantastic and are designed for what I'm doing. My only issue is that they don't record, so this will add much more cost. I have been watching the NAB 2018 videos on the BMPC4K and am blown away by both the features and cost and thought that they may be a great alternative. However, the lack of SDI makes me think that if I were to stream they may not be able to do 4k over HDMI out (Future proofing). But then again, with the BMPC4K cameras, everything else is (from what I can see) better eg. HDR, onboard recording. I also will not need to upgrade to an ATEM Swither to control colours etc if I'm using the BMPC4K as from what I can see it can all be done onboard with LUT's.

I would love to know what you all think. Should I just bite the bullet and go with the Micro Studio 4K's or would the Pocket Cinema 4k be a great option?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Fornez

Re: BMPC4k or BMMS4k for live streaming and Video production

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 2:31 am

In my opinion the BMPC4k is cheaper and more versatile for what you are doing. I'm not sure about the 4k out on the pocket camera though

Basically

BMPC4K $$
BMMS4k $$$$

One thing about the BMPC4K is that you would get 4 licenses for Davinci Resolve 15 studio edition

you could hand those out to any collaborators you have and remotely work on projects through the cloud

I don't know if any of the studio cameras come with that

Return to Live Production