Tally Light setup for Sony z150 videocam?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

livestream

Tally Light setup for Sony z150 videocam?

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 4:31 pm

I am new to live stream broadcasting so I often learn the hard way about gaps in our workflow and gear.

I am interested in getting tally lights set up to keep our Pastor aware of which camera is hot. We have 3 Sony z150 videocams and are running Wirecast v8.2 on Windows. Our camera capture device is an AJA io4k. So the workflow looks like this:

3 Sony z150's-->SDI cables-->AJA io4k-->Thunderbolt 2 cable-->ASUS computer-->Wirecast v8.2

Does Blackmagic have a product that will work with my gear? Hopefully, something which will show both Preview and Program.

Thanks much!
Bill

Xtreemtec

Re: Tally Light setup for Sony z150 videocam?

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Because you have nothing that is in any way running with BMD gear.. There is no way of tally integration at all.. BMD works it's tally over return video SDI.

Check with skaarhoj if they have a GPIO box that will connect to wirecast and run Tally.. Or ask at the Wirecast forum how to do tally.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production