Overlay-Software for BM ATEM TVS PRO

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rhyno_183

Overlay-Software for BM ATEM TVS PRO

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 7:29 am

Hi guys!

I'm working for a company that recently bought the Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro HD. My task is to find a software which can handle score bugs with live update, lower thirds and so on. The price should be at most 1000$ and it should be possible to replace the design of the score bugs and increase the game counter as easy as possible.

We would like to broadcast some rather non-famous sports and therefore would like to manage the score board layout and counting by ourselves.

What I think we would need is a solution which
1) supports the source of textfields from files and
2) can send a key and fill signal.

Then I would program a simple WinForms app which writes the text files. (If the logic could be done in the Software, it would be even better, but I guess that comes with a much higher price.)

What I tried so far:

- CG-200, however I couldn't get rid of the (I think) RGB output - YUV input color scheme difference (colors were pink and green).
- Wirecast, would be perfect if it had the key and fill source
- CharacterWorks, price starts at 2500$
- CasparCG, I think it's too complicated for quick adaption of the appearance / layout, so that a non-IT person could do it.

1) Do you have any suggestions for a software?
2) As I think HDMI form the PC can only transmit one video signal to the ATEM TVS, I would need another piece of hardware, to send the key and fill signal to two different inputs, right?

Thanks in advance for your help! Best, Fabian

Return to Live Production