ATEM television Studio HD inputs

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

HayderIsmael

ATEM television Studio HD inputs

PostSat Apr 21, 2018 1:08 am

Hi Blackmagicer,

Please your help. I have small broadcasting studio and my tools are:

1- DSLR Canon 5D miii , output 1080i@60fps or 1080p@24 fps.
2- Sony mirrorless , output 1080i@50fps or 1080p@50fps.
3- GoPro Hero 3 and 5, the outputs all settings but only p. like: 1080p@48fps, @60fps but not @50fps :roll:
4- Blackmagic design ATEM television studio HD.

As you know that the switcher is not able to resynch the different inputs, would you please advise how can I use all of my cameras with my ATEM at the same time.
My regards

Andrew Martin

Re: ATEM television Studio HD inputs

PostSat Apr 21, 2018 7:10 pm

1. Purchase a decimator MD-HX for each of the inputs that doesn't fit ur 'project' settings in the Atem.
2. Wait until September (???) Until the new tvs 4k pro is available, which is suppose to have a teranex
scaler on each of its 8 inputs.

Xtreemtec

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Still all his listed cameras are HDMI.. So he has to convert.. Take a Decimator MD-HX or BMD UpDownCross HD and fix them all to 50/60 what ever you preffer.. Try to avoid 24P because this will get you in more trouble with other hardware..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

HayderIsmael

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Still all his listed cameras are HDMI.. So he has to convert.. Take a Decimator MD-HX or BMD UpDownCross HD and fix them all to 50/60 what ever you preffer.. Try to avoid 24P because this will get you in more trouble with other hardware..

I do appreciate your replay, I do not have any issue with the HDMI or SDI as I have BMD mini HDMI to SDI converters, I am looking for a feasible solution to unify the outputs of the cameras I have. Another example, sometimes when I go to an event and many other local media channels using their cameras for recording only, they allow me to use their SDI port to be connected to my ATEM :) but not all cameras are alike :( , as well as the input from PC will not synchronize with others. :cry:

Sander Vreuls

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 8:16 pm

He gave you a feasable option :)
You need to get everything to the same format... So a Decimator MD-HX or the new BMD updowncross would work.. AND double as a HDMI-SDI converter. You can also do SDI-SDI with them if you want to do it at the atem location.

You are making life slightly difficult for yourselves by having so many different camera's and different formats.. They will be very hard to match in colour and feel :)

Xtreemtec

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks Sander, ;)

Maybe my awnser was not fully clear.. I would use the UpDownCross at the camera side. Convert all to the smae format at the camera side (as you already have to do the HDMI to SDI conversion.. Why not do it direct to the right format. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

HayderIsmael

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks for all supports

Return to Live Production