Control Micro Studio 4k camera with original ATEM TVS?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jpatten

Control Micro Studio 4k camera with original ATEM TVS?

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to control the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4k with an ATEM Television Studio (the original one without any buttons). Can anyone confirm that it is possible to control this camera with this ATEM switcher? I've been troubleshooting for awhile but it occurred to me that maybe this combination is incompatible.

I've tried both 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 for the camera output format, and with both formats the camera video shows up fine on the program and multi-view HDMI outputs from the Television Studio. But the camera doesn't seem to register any color correction changes made from the ATEM software control panel.

I'm using 3G-SDI cables, although I'm not sure if the mini BNC adaptors on the camera end are 3G. Not sure if that matters as they are 12" long.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Control Micro Studio 4k camera with original ATEM TVS?

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 9:32 pm

You have connected the switcher output back to the camera, yes?

Also, the original Television Studio does not have any Aux-outputs. When setting up a newer switcher, there is a setting in the control panel saying "Use Aux X for Camera Control Output" - try to find that and see what it says for the TVS. It might be that it needs to be enabled manually for the regular output of the TVS :)

jpatten

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have a cable going to the camera's SDI IN from the connection on the TVS labeled PROG SDI.

In "camera control" under general settings there is "Use ______ for camera control monitoring" and the only choice it gives me for that is "None". I'm assuming that camera control monitoring is different than camera control *output* but I don't know if that's true?

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 01, 2018 6:12 am

Double check the camera number in the Micro Studio Camera 4K's menu and make sure it matches to what you're trying to control in the ATEM TVS.

DarrenR

PostMon May 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi,

I would also like the answer to this as I cant seam to get it to recognize the camera. (to control)

*Edit* Never mind the PGM SDI's seam to be bricked on my TVS - Oh well time to upgrade then.....

Return to Live Production