Atem Switch Not working with 7.4

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Pascale Paris

Atem Switch Not working with 7.4

PostThu Apr 26, 2018 10:10 am

Tried upgrading to the latest firmware 7.4 and the control panel updated succesfully however, the switch came up with an error.
I own the older type 2ME switch (Not 4K)
I recently purchased the new Television Studio 4k and was hoping to keep 1 firmware for all.
Can a software rep please take a look. Theres nothing in the release notes that says "Will not work with HD version 2/ME switch".
Attachments
Atem 6.4.jpg
Atem 6.4.jpg (144.39 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
Last edited by Pascale Paris on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xtreemtec

Re: Atem Switch Not working with 6.4

PostSat Apr 28, 2018 9:44 pm

6.4?? I hope you meen 7.4?

And yes it could very well be that BMD is dropping the support on the older model atems.. To keep going forward with the new hardware and software..

You might need to up and downgrade your panel all the time if you wish to continue use of your old (7 years old) switcher.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Pascale Paris

Re: Atem Switch Not working with 6.4

PostMon Apr 30, 2018 4:00 pm

yeah what a shame,
so when I use the new "Atem television studio 4k" I need 6.4 on the laptop.
When I use the older Atem 2/me switch and 1/me control panel, have a second laptop with 6.3
Ouch !
1 size should fit all in this perfect world.

Also, crazy that you cannot have the "Atem television studio 4k" outputs as a direct replica of the inputs.
They are all program outputs with data for BMD cameras ONLY.
What a shame.

Pascale Paris

Re: Atem Switch Not working with 7.4

PostMon Apr 30, 2018 11:34 pm

So there's NO mention anywhere that they dropped the old type Atem 2/ME switch with version 7.4
You would expect some info rather than find this out from a 3rd Unknown party.

Xtreemtec

PostTue May 01, 2018 8:08 am

There is more that they did not tell in the release notes.. Under PTZ on the Panel you can now also select SDI channels.. No mention in the changelogs..

But As the Atem 2me Old version only had 1 year waranty and support. Now 7 years later i understand they drop support on these old models!!

Development is hold up due too functions that wont work with the older switchers.. So time to move on!.
Sell your old Atem 2me and buy something new with waranty.. Because your old 2me could easily stop working between today and the next 2 years.. So better make some money out of it now instead of waiting till it breaks.. Because BMD stopped service on those oldies a long time ago.. It will become a very expensive paperweight when it breaks down..

The old Atem 1ME had a lot of issues in their power ciruit onboard.. Spools and power switchers got overheat and the Atem would die. The same technic is also used for the 2ME power regulators.. So you are lucky it survived for all those years. ;)

Don't forget we are talking about relative cheap hardware.. Before BMD had Atem mixers you would have to pay 20 - 50K for a videomixer that did the same.. :lol: :lol:
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Pascale Paris

PostWed May 02, 2018 2:07 am

Xtreemtec wrote:There is more that they did not tell in the release notes.. Under PTZ on the Panel you can now also select SDI channels.. No mention in the changelogs..

But As the Atem 2me Old version only had 1 year waranty and support. Now 7 years later i understand they drop support on these old models!!

Development is hold up due too functions that wont work with the older switchers.. So time to move on!.
Sell your old Atem 2me and buy something new with waranty.. Because your old 2me could easily stop working between today and the next 2 years.. So better make some money out of it now instead of waiting till it breaks.. Because BMD stopped service on those oldies a long time ago.. It will become a very expensive paperweight when it breaks down..

The old Atem 1ME had a lot of issues in their power ciruit onboard.. Spools and power switchers got overheat and the Atem would die. The same technic is also used for the 2ME power regulators.. So you are lucky it survived for all those years. ;)

Don't forget we are talking about relative cheap hardware.. Before BMD had Atem mixers you would have to pay 20 - 50K for a videomixer that did the same..
Very good point.
Yes and I agree, will look at selling and purchasing a new switch.
I wouldnt want this to fail eithet so looking atbthe bigger picture, an upgrade is warranted.
Now to tell the Mrs ???

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Xtreemtec

PostWed May 02, 2018 8:26 am

Tell the Mrs that the "car" is worn out and needs replacement.. A 2ME will still recoupe some money i guess.. $1500.. Yes you need to invest some money to it.. But if you didn't earn the price of the switcher in all those years of use.. ;)

Return to Live Production