newbie question... camera suggestion

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

molecular

newbie question... camera suggestion

PostTue May 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi everyone, I realise that I've ended up doing things a bit back to front here, but to spare you the long story I am looking to live stream an event in about a month's time. I have a good macbook pro with OBS (streaming works fine using image from my iphone running through OBS to restream.io

I have a BM Intensity Shuttle, which I originally bought thinking I could access a clean feed from my Micro 4/3 SLR (An old Panasonic Lumix G2) but it turned out that the G2 only put out HDMI in playback.

Before I stick the shuttle back on ebay, can anyone suggest a straightforward small camera that is known to work reliably into a shuttle on HDMI and thereafter into OBS. I'm looking to spend 2-300GBP max, really, but happy to go second hand if I need to.

It's going to be used every few weeks maybe to stream small rural concerts, so I don't need any bells and whistles and want to keep it simple, but unless you can advise otherwise I don't think a webcam is going to cut it.

Cheers!

Denny Smith

Re: newbie question... camera suggestion

PostTue May 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Small and simple, the Micro Studio or Micro Cinema Cameras come to mind, can not get any smaller or simple to use, especially the Micro Studio which has a ready to use video signal, HDMI out will be HD only.
Both can do a clean feed on HDMI also.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

molecular

Re: newbie question... camera suggestion

PostWed May 09, 2018 8:33 am

They do look perfect - not sure of the pricing in US but here they are coming in at 600GBP+ even second hand, over 1K new, which is way out of my budget at the moment :/

Is there anything more around the 200 mark that people know works well with the intensity shuttle? (not looking for a BM camera necessarily)

Thanks!

Return to Live Production