New Streamer

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

newstreamer

New Streamer

PostSun May 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi to all experts,

I am new in the game of streaming, well with professional equipment anyway. I have been streaming on Facebook for about a year and now decided to invest into real equipment.

I have bought a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and the necessary lighting, microphones etc. The purpose will be
1. Live Stream on Facebook and YouTube
2. Create short videos (not live) that will use a green screen for background images.

I have been told to get the following:

Blackmagic WebPresenter
Blackmagic Teranex Mini Smart Panel
Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio
Blackmagic UltraStudio HD Mini

I will occasionally be connecting two cameras, but it is not a must for me. I will however be using a green screen when producing short videos on the Canon and then uploading them and/or sending the finished product to a TV channel.

What does everyone think if this setup? is it the right way to go or shall I opt for something better or alternative. Budget isn't the biggest problem but don't want to get things I don't need.

Shall I use a Dell XPS or Macbook and finally which is the better editing software DaVinci, FinalCut, PremierPro or Avid?

My biggest concern is spending this money and then not being able to stream properly at the quality I want. Is is worth getting the better ATEM studio or something else. I am confused.

My camera is 4k but I was hoping to stream 720 at least ideally 1080p. The web presenter doesn't do the latter. Is there an alternative or an addition to the web presenter that I require?

Your help and feedback is appreciated.

Kevin McGrath

Re: New Streamer

PostWed May 23, 2018 12:28 am

If you are only using 2 cameras you don’t need all that equipment

The webpresenter can switch between 2 cameras. One on hdmi and one on sdi. You will need the front smart panel for this to work. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

If you are doing green screen, you can do that in post production using resolve. But if you doing it live you will need a switcher for that

Will you need a hyperdeck. That is up to you but I would get one if you buy a atem

This all depends on you budget and what you really need

If you don’t need a satellite uplink why buy one. But if one comes along for free then take it
By the way I know where I can get a satellite SD uplink. Just never asked how much
Atem tvs , studio converter 4 camera converters, hyperdeck,40x40 videohub. Master control, jvc gy hm700 &170 Jvc gy hm 150 Panasonic aw he50 aw he 2
Panasonic hpx 300. Panasonic hpx 2000 Sony pdw 350 Panasonic HPD24

newstreamer

PostThu May 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Ok thanks for that. It’s more the fact I am new to this and the stores trying to flog me all sorts.

For streaming live using my camera and web presenter that issue is sorted and fixed.

I am recording on my camera and then adding a green screen I understand this can be done post production. I am able to have two cameras recording the game thing but how do I swap the angles so that when I finally add my green screen on I am not messing with a delayed response.

I believe that’s where I need a switcher to go between the two cameras even for post production?

Then with green screen etc I would want to see this As I am applying the screen do I need a ultrastudio for that? Just confused I am

newstreamer

PostThu May 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Also what if I want to record a video later add a green screen and then show that as a live stream at a later date. How do I do that.

Return to Live Production