USB HDMI Display Adapter for ATEM TS?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Michael Sanders

USB HDMI Display Adapter for ATEM TS?

PostTue Apr 23, 2013 2:02 pm

Has anyone had success with using an HDMI or DVI USB display adapter from a Windows PC with the ATEM Television Studio? I bought the EVGA UV Plus +39, but as long as HDMI was plugged in from the adapter to the TS, I could only get a max resultion of 1280x720, but I couldn't get a picture from it no matter what I did, so I figure it's just a straight up compatibility issue. The reason I'm using a USB display adapter is because the PC is an All-In-One Touchscreen PC with no secondary monitor output, and since it's an all-in-one, there's no way to install a video card.

If anyone has been able to use one of these, let me know the brand/model. Thanks!

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: USB HDMI Display Adapter for ATEM TS?

PostWed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 pm

I don't believe USB2 can handle 1920x1080 image and frame rates. Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Michael Sanders

Re: USB HDMI Display Adapter for ATEM TS?

PostWed May 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Yes, but there are plenty of USB 2.0 Display adapters that support even higher resolutions than 1080p. I did end up finding one that was compatible, just a cheap one from Radio Shack, the AUVIO USB-to-HDMI PC-to-TV Adapter. I don't have the option for 1080p when plugged into the TS, but it works great as long as everything is set to 720/60p, and since that's the resolution of our projectors, and our cameras can record at 60p when at 720 (sooo silky smooth on both projectors and in editing), it actually ended up all working better for us in the end.

Return to Live Production