Feature enhancement request on MV16 tally management

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Christian Muths

Feature enhancement request on MV16 tally management

PostSun May 27, 2018 6:03 am

I recently acquired a multiview 16. Although it's a nice piece of equipement, I'm disappointed on 3 aspects.
1- Fan noise is just horrible. Maybe the hardware allows variable speed management. In this case a future software update may temper this issue.
2- Latency is far too high. May software be improved to reduce it to a resonnable amount ? 1 frame delay would be acceptable. Currently it's close to 0.5sec.
3- Tally works only with SDI embedded information. It would be nice to have a SW protocol like smartview, to allow me to develop some software driving the tally border. Integration of the MV16 in complex environments can't rely only on the ATEM swicther tally signal.

I hope some BM engineer reads this and at least item 3 may get a positive reply.

Andrew Martin

Re: Feature enhancement request on MV16 tally management

PostSun May 27, 2018 10:43 am

These issues are well known and have not been resolved since the units inseption.
Don't hold ur breath for anytime soon... :)

Christian Muths

PostSun May 27, 2018 5:31 pm

I should have known this before buying...
It's not really usable in live conditions. It may be useful in a broadcast node where you just need to check picture of sources like satellite receiver, video players, ... to make sure some valid signal comes in.
I wanted to have a UHD view of all cameras to make adjustments, but it's really too slow.

Xtreemtec

PostTue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Well a simple Google search would have brought up all those problems.. As they are very known within the BMD community.

I hope you boughed it from a good vendor.. As there are vendors out there that don't even take the unit back once you boughed it.. :roll:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

pederdingo

PostTue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm

I was once told that the MV16 has a lot of latency when using the HD Out downscaled signal.
Have you tried hooking it up a UHD monitor with the 6G SDI connectors?

Return to Live Production