Live Stream on Network

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Raiden38

Live Stream on Network

PostSat Jun 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi. I need a way to stream a video over the network. I can use either a Camera with HDMI output or a Webcam connected to a Mac. The goal is to be able to view a good quality of video AND AUDIO on any PC connected to the network.

My original thought was to purchase an IP camera but the quality was very horrible.

My second thought was to purchase a BlackMagic Mini Recorder, connect a good video camera via HDMI. This would give me a good image and sound on my Mac however how do I make it available to other PC connected to the network?

Background info: This will be used in a live show room when I want to view the show and broadcast it into other rooms where artists are waiting for their turns to go on stage. I want to be able to broadcast in minimum 3 rooms without problem. The rooms are far away so running a cable is not an option however all rooms have network access. The rooms are equipped with an Apple TV, and a PC (Windows) connected to a TV (connected to the internal networt). I don't want to stream on the Internet, only local via network. Ideally something that could be run of a web browser would be great but I can install software on the PC no problem.

Of course, I am looking for a low cost solution, I don't want to spend more then 500$ on it. I already have a great HD Camcorder. and an iMac available.

Thanks for your help!

Return to Live Production