Camera Fiber Converter broke?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Knut Bussian

Camera Fiber Converter broke?

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 4:49 pm

I've already posted a few days ago, that the firmware one of our Camera Fiber Converters could not be upgraded. It finally did upgrade thanks to tips here from Blackmagic.

But now we have the following problem:

when the Camera Converter and the camera are turned on, no matter which switch I flip (48V Phantom, Return Dial, Mic on, etc.) the converter will switch to Return 1 and stay there. It is not possible to switch back to camera signal.

We have a production this weekend and I was wondering whether this is a "simple setup problem" or a dead unit.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks, Knut

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Camera Fiber Converter broke?

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Hello Knut. Could you explain what exactly are you looking at when you say switch to Return 1 please? Do you mean you only see Return 1 in the camera viewfinder and are unable to switch back to see camera video there? And are you able to select the menu in the camera?

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Knut Bussian

PostWed Jun 06, 2018 6:20 am

Hello Gary.

Yes, this is exactly what's happening: the Converter gets stuck on return video, no matter which switch is flipped or pushed on the back. When pressing "menu" or return knob on the lense, the video in the viewfinders will return for a few seconds back to camera signal, but then again switching back to return video. Furthermore, the Studio Fiber Converter's on screen tally is blinking red, when getting stuck.

This is just on the viewfinders, the output signal of the main SDI is not affected. But once stuck, the camera needs to be turned on/off again and is afterwards resetted loosing all settings.

I've made a short video:

Knut

Andrew D'eon

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 am

any update on your issue? did you solve it or was itan actal manufacture malfunction?
would love to know

Knut Bussian

PostFri Nov 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Unit was broke. Blackmagic replaced it with a new one.

Return to Live Production