DSK & USK Priority

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

pajito

DSK & USK Priority

PostWed Jun 06, 2018 10:13 am

Hi there,

I am using 1 M/E broacast panel with the 2 M/E Production Studio 4K.
My problem is that I need to use both 2 DSK and the 1st Upstream Key with a different priority than the ATEM's standard. I want to have the USK1 above the DSK, but I didn't find a way to prioritize them.
Any suggestions?

Regards
Pajito

Xtreemtec

Re: DSK & USK Priority

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 am

Downstream keyers are ALWAYS! on top.. ;)

Downstream Keyers
Add bugs, logos andlower thirds

All ATEM switchers feature two downstream keyers so you can insert high quality graphics like logos, bugs and titles over the live 'on air' program output. Downstream keyers are the last layers of keying so they overlay all video switched to the main program. You can also easily bypass the downstream keyers by using the clean feed aux outputs. This means you can record the clean feed as your master and use the downstream keyers for overlays that you only want on air.

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: DSK & USK Priority

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello Pajito. While it is not possible to change the priority of the keyers in the ATEM, consider this posibility. On ME2 use both Luminance keyers like you intended for the DSK, then use the ME1 key which will be on top. Of course you may have a different plan with that but this is a possibility.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production