Computer HDMI out no audio in ATEM

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ralbrightii

Computer HDMI out no audio in ATEM

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 4:35 am

I recently purchased an ATEM Television Studio HD for my church to help get rid of the video delay we were experiencing with software only solutions (like Wirecast). One of my computers has an HDMI output, that HDMI output goes to a active HDMI splitter, from there one output goes to a preview monitor, the other into the ATEM.

We get video without any problems from the computer (once we changed the resolution to 1280x720), and we get audio on the HDMI preview monitor, however the ATEM does not register any audio making it to it from the same HDMI source.

Is anyone else familiar enough to give me an idea as to what could be causing this?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Computer HDMI out no audio in ATEM

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Do you still get this issue if you take the source directly into the switcher? The hunch here is that the HDMI splitter is causing the audio not to pass for whatever reason.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

ralbrightii

PostFri Jun 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:Do you still get this issue if you take the source directly into the switcher? The hunch here is that the HDMI splitter is causing the audio not to pass for whatever reason.

The HDMI splitter is sending audio to both outputs. I tested by plugging in a TV to the output that was going to the ATEM, and boom, I got audio.

But no, I have not tested going straight from the computer into the ATEM, yet.

DennisA

PostTue Jul 14, 2020 10:52 pm

We are having the same issue we tested directly to the ATEM and get no audio but using the same HDMI cable to a screen we get audio. We tried to use the computers speaker to mic on the ATEM but you can't use HDMI and the computers audio at the same time. Cameras work fine but we use the computer to push out our powerpoint presentations to the screens in the room and need it to be streamed out as well. Is there a workaround?

Return to Live Production