UltraStudio Mini Recorder stopped working!

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

GoCreate

UltraStudio Mini Recorder stopped working!

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi. I've been using an UltraStudio Mini Recorders for live streaming (for Zoom webinars) with a Sony FS5 & it's been working really well. However today it's stopped working suddenly. I'm using a MacbookPro running Sierra 10.2.6 & haven't installed any new software recently. I can see the device ok, but cannot see any video (all settings are as they should be in Desktop Video Setup). I'm using the HDMI input and I have checked with different HDMI & Thunderbolt cables. If anybody has experienced this or can help - I would be really grateful. Thanks!

Xtreemtec

Re: UltraStudio Mini Recorder stopped working!

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 pm

I think there has been some update to your mac or software.. Sound a lot like the Sierra Bug! ;)

See
Frequently Asked Questions - Capture, Playbackand Stream
>Point 4.05
;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Futureknight

Re: UltraStudio Mini Recorder stopped working!

PostSun Jul 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Yes there might be some big bug lately. We had a livestream production of a football game. After setting everything up (multicam setup, 10 houres of preparation) we couldn‘t get the ultrastudio mini recorder to work and sadly the whole livestream was a failure. The system recognized the input over thunderbolt but the blackmagic software wouldn‘t. We follow the tutorial of accepting the privacy settings (which showed up and we clicked on), but still no luck of recognizing it. Tested it on 3 different Macs and different software version, but it didn‘t help. Any ideas?

Return to Live Production