Embedding in audio across several HyderDeck Studio Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Steven Sokulski

Embedding in audio across several HyderDeck Studio Mini

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Hello all,

In the process of moving from KiPros for program and ISO record to HyperDeck Studio Minis. My only hang-up is the audio.

I'd like to record the program audio (stereo or 4 channel) onto each of the HyperDeck Studio Minis so that if we need a camera ISO for some reason, we don't have to track down audio from somewhere else.

It looks like I'd need a separate audio embedder for each of these, save for the program record as we can take stereo XLR into our TV Studio Pro 4K.

Does anyone know of a way to get audio into the remaining HyperDeck Studio Minis that don't cost about as much as the record decks themselves?

Thanks!

Steven Sokulski

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Embedding in audio across several HyderDeck Studio Mini

PostThu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am

If you are only doing HD video you can use the Mini Converter Audio to SDI (non 4K version is $195). Each can accept up to 4 channels of analog audio and embed it on the SDI feed.

There are some other companies that make SDI audio embedders, but they tend to be more expensive. The HDMI to SDI Mini Converters ($145) can embed 2 channels of audio, but require an HDMI video input.

There are probably some consumer-oriented HDMI audio embedders that are a bit cheaper, but I doubt they are worth your time.

Return to Live Production