RCP control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Chris Bjork

RCP control

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm interested in the Ursa mini SMPTE fiber package with RCP. Wil the RCP give me control of knee, gamma, flare, skin detail, black gamma, saturation?
I am specifically interested in the controls the RCP panel offers. The Ursa Mini, with the SMPTE adaptor is advertised as a studio camera. Adjustments from the RCP panel, not from the camera, are one of the important things that set a studio camera apart from an ENG camera. I'm looking to replace my Sony chains & I'm wondering if the BM is a contender.
Last edited by Chris Bjork on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denny Smith

Re: RCP control

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 pm

On the Ursa Boradcast Camera, sure, but not likely on the Ursa Mini, which is a Cinema camera. These are usually broadcast camera control settings, not normally used in a Cinema camera, where these details are handled in post. This is a question best made directly to the BM Support Office in your area, or onli e to BM Support directly, https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... al-cameras
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Hello Chris. The ATEM Camera Control Panel will give you color balance controls for Lift (black level), gain (white level), and gamma (mid tones), using the RGB color controls on the unit. All of the Blackmagic Studio "type" cameras can be controlled with the panel. These cameras include the Television Studio Cameras, Micro Studio Camera, URSA Mini (all models) and URSA Broadcast. Basically, all these cameras have return SDI video in for this purpose.
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Denny Smith

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 5:23 am

Yes Gary, this will adjust the color look of the camera output, but this is not full traditional knee, gamma, flare, skin detail, black gamma, saturation control perse found in the big Broadcast camera controllers from Sony and others? You are setting an overall gamma for mid tines, and adjusting lift and gain via RGB controls. I think Chris is looking for full studio Camera controls that he listed, like skin detail or flare control, in addition to traditional gamma knee settings. Or do I have thr wrong end of the stick here?
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes that is true. I was just explaining what the camera control panel will do.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Denny Smith

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks Gary, good to know what it will do.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production