Decklink Duo 2 1080p50 & 1080p60 not working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Dylan Garton

Decklink Duo 2 1080p50 & 1080p60 not working

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 1:22 pm

I can't get 1080p50 or 1080p60 working with my Decklink Duo 2. It seems 3G-SDI isn't accepted.

Using Desktop Video version 10.11 (June 2018) and the setup software detects 1080p50 & 60p as 25p & 30p but doesn't down-convert to display a picture.

Lots of other reports of this issue all over the web.

Xtreemtec

Re: Decklink Duo 2 1080p50 & 1080p60 not working

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm

What is the source of the signal are you feeding to it??

3G Level A or B??
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dylan Garton

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi Daniel

The camera I'm using is a Marshall CV200-M and I'm not sure which type of 3G-SDI it's outputting but I have tried both Level A and Level B options in next to '3G-SDI' (although the settings look like they're for SDI Output with no mention of input).

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Try a different version of Desktop video.. Step back 2 or 3 versions and see if it makes a difference.. There have been some issues here and there.,.

Also not really sure about that marshall camera.. Looking at the specs it seems that it is a " converted security camera" Marshall does a lot of rebranding chinese gear.. If it is a Security cam.. It may be that the Payload ID 352 could be missing. Security cameras don't use Payload ID 352 for 3G-SDI while SMPTE broadcast expects Payload ID 352.. Which could lead to mis-indentifying the resolution and framerate. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dylan Garton

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 8:45 pm

I tried going back to Desktop Video version 10.9.10 and it didn't work, but that's because you were right about the problem being with the Marshall camera.

I plugged my Micro Studio Camera 4K in with 1080p50 output and Decklink Duo 2 detected the signal and displayed it.

The annoying thing is, I have 4 Micro Studio cameras that I'd love to use for live events but there's no auto exposure and adjusting them while I'm vision mixing is a pain.

Thanks for your rapid response and help Daniel.

Denny Smith

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Dylan, actually you can set the Micro Stuido to two types of auto exposure or a mix of the two. ;)
You have Auto Iris and Auto Shuttler Speed as follows:
Auto Exposure
Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera has the following auto exposure options.
Iris
Maintains a constant shutter speed while changing the aperture to achieve a constant exposure.

Shutter
Maintains a constant aperture while changing the shutter speed to achieve a constant exposure.

Iris + Shutter
Maintains a constant exposure level by adjusting the aperture. If the maximum or minimum available aperture is reached and exposure still cannot be maintained, Micro Cinema Camera will begin adjusting the shutter speed to keep exposure constant.

Shutter + Iris
Maintains the correct exposure levels by adjusting the shutter speed. If the maximum
or minimum available shutter speed is reached and exposure still cannot be maintained, Micro Cinema Camera will begin adjusting the aperture to keep exposure constant.Auto Exposure

Of course Auto Iris only works with Native MFT auto lenses. The Auto Iris works very nicely on thr Panny Leica MFT lenses, especially the 12$60 Zoom, which has a stepless Iris.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Dylan Garton

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Thanks for your help Denny.

I've just tried it out with a Panny Lumix G 14-42 and it seems very sluggish in response to light change.

I'll try it out with some other lenses. I think I may need to invest in better glass.

Denny Smith wrote:Dylan, actually you can set the Micro Stuido to two types of auto exposure or a mix of the two. ;)
You have Auto Iris and Auto Shuttler Speed as follows:
Auto Exposure
Iris
Maintains a constant shutter speed while changing the aperture to achieve a constant exposure.

Shutter
Maintains a constant aperture while changing the shutter speed to achieve a constant exposure.

Iris + Shutter
Maintains a constant exposure level by adjusting the aperture. If the maximum or minimum available aperture is reached and exposure still cannot be maintained, Micro Cinema Camera will begin adjusting the shutter speed to keep exposure constant.

Shutter + Iris
Maintains the correct exposure levels by adjusting the shutter speed. If the maximum
or minimum available shutter speed is reached and exposure still cannot be maintained, Micro Cinema Camera will begin adjusting the aperture to keep exposure constant.Auto Exposure

Of course Auto Iris only works with Native MFT auto lenses. The Auto Iris works very nicely on thr Panny Leica MFT lenses, especially the 12$60 Zoom, which has a stepless Iris.
Cheers

Denny Smith

PostThu Jul 19, 2018 12:52 am

Yes, not all MFT lenses are the same in terms of response to auto settings. And changes on Auto Iris on the Micro csmeras is not instant, their is a slight lag.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production