Multiple CCU on ATEM 1 M/E 4k

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Chris Murch

Multiple CCU on ATEM 1 M/E 4k

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Hello All,

I have a question in regards to multiple cameras using CCU via the BMD software.

My setup is as follows:

ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4k, ATEM Studio Converter (First one, with nothing on the front except 2 3.5mm inputs), Hyperdeck Studio 2 and the new 1 M/E Advanced Panel.

I have 2 x Studio 4k Cameras and 1 Micro Studio Camera connected that require CCU. The 2 studio 4k cameras are connected via fiber in port one and port 2 of the studio converter. I then have my 1 M/E 4k 3rd aux set as the CCU port. I then have that connected to the PGM in on the Studio Converter and I am getting tally, pgm display, talkback etc as intended. My question is how do I also get my micro studio to receive the CCU controls when that particular camera runs on dual SDI.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks all!

Xtreemtec

Re: Multiple CCU on ATEM 1 M/E 4k

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 11:29 am

You can use the PGM SDI output on the talkback converter to go the Micro studio camera sdi input ..
This will be enough to run CCU for the Micro studio camera.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Chris Murch

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 6:19 pm

I did actually think of that to be honest but was unsure if it would work.

If I was to add another camera via SDI, would I just run a sdi splitter?

Is there anyway to run a multiview into the cameras whilst maintaining the tally/comms etc.

Xtreemtec

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Splitter would be the best option if you have some money available for that.

The Tally, CCU and Intercom is only carried on the PGM and AUX lines.. Not on MV and not on downconverted outputs.
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Robert Betzner

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 4:43 pm

You could connect the Multiview output back to an input of the switcher that you don't need and select that input for the aux output. That way the control data and tally/intercom should be included. But you lose one input for that trick and the Multiview on the aux ouput will have another frame of delay.

Cheers

Robert

Chris Murch

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 am

Xtreemtec wrote:Splitter would be the best option if you have some money available for that.

The Tally, CCU and Intercom is only carried on the PGM and AUX lines.. Not on MV and not on downconverted outputs.

Yeah a splitter would be ok. Any you would recommend, or will any SDI Splitter work?

Robert Betzner wrote:You could connect the Multiview output back to an input of the switcher that you don't need and select that input for the aux output. That way the control data and tally/intercom should be included. But you lose one input for that trick and the Multiview on the aux ouput will have another frame of delay.

Cheers

Robert

That is actually an amazing trick.

I will give that a go :)

Thanks!

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 am

Any sdi splitter that supports the resolution and framerate you use it with..

In the field of Splitters there is no good or bad splitter as far as i know.. Because they are quite straight forward inside.. (reclocker, splitout, drivers)..

Return to Live Production