Numbering of Multiple Decklink Mini Recorder Input Cards

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Bill Severance

Numbering of Multiple Decklink Mini Recorder Input Cards

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 1:31 am

I've built a custom 2RU video switching/livestreaming computer for multi-cam field production for our community access TV station - similar to Livestream.com's HD51 package but with updated hardware. It is running Windows 10 with Livestream Studio 5. All is working well with all 5 Decklink Mini Recorder (DMR) cards properly showing up and capturing 1080p30 video over SDI in Desktop Video Setup. All 5 inputs are also showing up in Livestream Studio 5. The Decklink Mini Monitor is also properly outputting program video.

Here's my problem: I would like all 5 Mini Recorder inputs to correspond to camera inputs 1-5 from left to right on the rear panel. Instead, in both Desktop Video Setup and in Livestream Studio 5, I see the following DMR to PCIe slot to input correspondence:

DMR 1 (PCIe slot 3) => Input 3
DMR 2 (PCIe slot 4) => Input 5
DMR 3 (PCIe slot 5) => Input 1
DMR 4 (PCIe slot 6) => Input 2
DMR 5 (PCIe slot 7) => Input 4

Although I can assign the inputs to any camera number/name and reorder the cameras in Livestream Studio 5, I would like the physical ordering of the inputs to be numbered 1-5 as well.

Looking at the device properties in Device Manager shows PCIe bus addresses to be 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9 for DMR 1-5. Swapping the DMR cards in PCIe slots does not change the order of inputs in Desktop Video Setup or Livestream Studio 5.

I had installed all 6 Decklink cards (including Mini Monitor) then installed Desktop Video Software/Drivers. I'm guessing that the assignment of numbering is based on the random order in which the cards happened to be recognized when first booting up following the software install.

Any thoughts on how I can get the physical card placement to input numbering in the proper order?

P.S. The system is based on an ASUS Prime Z370-A motherboard, i7-8700 CPU, Silverstone Low Profile Cooler and 32 GB DDR4-2666 DRAM with 2 TB Samsung EVO 860 SATA SSD and an MSI Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 GPU card - one of the few low-profile single slot cards available.

Thanks!
Bill
Bill Severance, Technical Advisor
Lake Region Television
PEG Access Serving 11 Maine Communities

Return to Live Production