URSA Broadcast internal battery

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Knut Bussian

URSA Broadcast internal battery

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 am

Does the Ursa Broadcast have an internal battery, and how do I change it? The manual doesn't say anything about it.

I have one camera, that always forgets date & time when disconnected from power.

Denny Smith

Re: URSA Broadcast internal battery

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 6:45 pm

No. The Ursa Broadcast does not have an internal battery. The battery mount, a Sony V Mount or AB Gold Mount, is mounted on the back,of the ca,era, and the battery is attached to the plate, just like the Ursa Min and UM Pro Cameras. BM has dropped internal batteries on all the cameras, including the Studio cameras, which were the last cameras to have internal batteries.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Robert Betzner

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 am

I suppose he didn't mean the main battery but a lithium button cell battery inside the camera because he states that his Ursa loses date and time settings when he powers it off.

Cheers

Robert

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am

i have seen pictures of a dead ursa here on the forum.. I haven't seen any button cell.. Nor is there any warning on the camera about lithium disposale..

So i guess they only have a GoldCap at best inside there.. Which will keep time running for a few days if there is even a RTC (RealTimeClock) inside..

So that would mean keeping a charged battery on it all the time..

Buty Maybe Gary or Tim could provide the anwser to this one..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Denny Smith

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm

As far as I know, the camera does not have an internal clock battery either, nor do the newer Studio cameras. The Broadcast Camera does drift, but slowly. If not used for a period of time, reconnect the camera to the mains and update time with a computer connection, like you would do for a FW update.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Denny is correct. There is no battery in the camera. There is a charging circuit that should maintain the internal clock for a couple of weeks if not powered. Make sure the camera has been powered for an hour or so before shutting down. If this is not the case, you should contact Support in your region.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production