I think I got it right but need expert advice.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bbj256

I think I got it right but need expert advice.

PostSun Jul 15, 2018 1:56 am

Hello everyone,

this is my first post on this forum and I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you gurus here. So, on to my question. So I might be landing a gig where I have to setup 4 cameras (BM studio 4k) which 3 will be stationary and the 4th on a shoulder rig. I want to utilize the fiber optic feature on the studio cameras since the control room is at a fair distance (beyond 300ft). This is my first time doing this and I have a simple diagram laid out but I'm not sure if it works and I wanted someone else's "approval" before presenting this to the investor/owner of the venue. So it goes:

Camera A, B, C and D - output through Fiber optic out

Talkback Converter 4k receives Fiber optics and output through SDI out

ATEM Broadcast Studio 4k receives SDI into inputs. Program Out to Stage Monitors, AUX to lobby monitor, Multiview to 65 inch TV in control room, Remote to BM Panels

I'm assuming I can have talkback through the fiber optic connections based on the research I've done but I'm not sure so please help there! Again, I'm new to this so I apologize for the noob-ish way this is presented. I did hours of research and came up with this simple way of wiring everything. The owner wants everything in 4K and possibly add additional cameras hence the reason some of these choices. If anyone can confirm if this would work and if not why and how can I make it work. Thank you so much in advanced.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: I think I got it right but need expert advice.

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Hello Jesus. One thing I see is you need to send a Program or Auxiliary output to the Talkback Converter Program In. This will provide Tally and Camera control from the ATEM to all the cameras. All talkback functionality will be within the Talkback Converter and cameras.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

bbj256

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks Gary for the response!

Once I do that, do I run the Program out from the talkback converter to the main monitor or use another program output from the switch to the monitor?

Thanks again

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Either way the signal is identical.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production