Controlling cameras with ATEM production studio pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Steven Bulifant

Controlling cameras with ATEM production studio pro

PostSun Jul 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello!

I am working with a ATEM Television Studio Pro HD. I also have the BlackMagic studio camera's, I am operating with 3 cameras via SDI. I have ran two SDI lines to and from each camera into the switcher. I have purchased talkback headsets for each camera and producer. I am having an issue where the camera ops can hear the producer but not the other way around. The camera ops can't communicate back.

Second issue is I have no control over the cameras. All three cameras are stuck on what seems to be a "Default" setting. If you try to make a change locally on the camera it doesn't stick. You make a change and then it goes right back. Then I try and make a change on the switcher but nothing is adjusted as I make changes in the ATEM software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time

Ian Morrish

Re: Controlling cameras with ATEM production studio pro

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm

For camera control, presume you have set the camera ID for each camera to match the ATEM input # (5 through 8). Cameras will jump back to default if ID is not set in the camera (ATEM seems to broadcast default settings to cam# 0).
Assuming you can see each camera in the Software control camera tab, so you have enabled SDI Camera Control for each SDI input.

What is the source of the return feed going to the cameras? Can't be multi-view. Either one of the program out's or Aux.

Studio cameras use "aviation" type microphones. I had to use a pre-amp on Clearcom/Telex style headsets otherwise the level was non-existent. See https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/headset-adapter-for-the-tvs-hd/I have used this on both the TVS and camera end. Making a couple more of them up for someone else at the moment.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Return to Live Production