ATEM Auto-Cut and SDI Lenght

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Montey

ATEM Auto-Cut and SDI Lenght

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi

first of all, I have never worked with a broadcast setup or with the ATEM in general so bear with me.
I`m planing on recording a stage event for about 10 hours. I have already done this before but with a different setup. 4x atmos shoguns with 4xgopros via HDMI. Didnt work like I wanted, because some of the gopros just shut down every hour or so, followed by a huge mess in the cutting process.
Now I wanted to try it with a live ATEM setup and some Panasonic HPX. But I cant sit on the controlls everytime so I wondered if there is a way to tell the software to switch camera every X seconds or even better have Cam1 on for 50% of the time and Cam2 and 3 25% each?
Also have i never worked with SDI, i read that it would work up to 100m, is that right?

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Auto-Cut and SDI Lenght

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello Montey. You can easily make a macro that selects one camera, pauses x seconds, select another camera, pause y seconds, select the third, pause z seconds. Then loop the macro when running.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

gdimitris

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 am

Montey wrote:Also have i never worked with SDI, i read that it would work up to 100m, is that right?

It depends on the signal, SD, HD, 6G, 12G and it depends on the cable.
But in general, for HD (3G) you are ok up to 100 meters with a cable like Belden 1694A

Thomas Seewald

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Sorry for the question, but what kind of event do you want to record, when you can dumb cut every x seconds without knowing what happens currently on stage ?
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Live Production